About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 15 March 2023

WOYWW #719 - Still Not 100%


If this hadn't started the day before Lent, you'd think it was chocolate withdrawal! 

The headaches have subsided somewhat but I'm still lacking in energy. I tried dancing last night after a months  absence but really not up to it so came home after a few dances as quite exhausted. 

My husband thinks it's the weather and another drop in my hormones due to this menopause malarkey! Have to say the hot flashes and/or night sweats have come back with a vengeance lately, so he's not far off the mark, and I do suffer from SAD, hence big round light above desk that you can sometimes see in my desk photos.
Anyway looks like I will have to concentrate on crafting and doing my reading sessions all at my desk as I can cope with those quite nicely.




So to the desk....thought I'd have some breakfast for a change, I usually fast up to lunch but maybe now's not the time.

1st desk =now

2nd desk = mid scripture52 card whilst watching the online video and trying frantically to find stash to match what the presenter was using.

Week 3 of my Lent Bible Journaling watercolours was done just the day before week 4 was published.

It was on the theme of fasting and washing your face so you didn't look like you were fasting and I've just told you all I'm fasting! So I'm not quite hitting the mark with being a good Christian - oh my! Try as I might I'm still human and still fall short no matter what. Fortunately tomorrow is another day and we get to start again...

And my church all age service on the theme of money meant I got to decorate this little chap....so cute. Love their week 2 all age services.

We did "The Price is Right" quiz and our team won, hence the love hearts. Still shocked at the national debt being £2.8 Trillion though!

Oh and finally a friend who was recently inducted as a new minister in training has asked me to teach Bible Journaling for a Ladies Breakfast in June. I'm thinking about it.....Eeeeekkkk!

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

9 comments:

Neet said...

Wow, being asked to teach Bible Journaling is great, you can and must do it. Think of the joy you will bring to so many and your samples are beautiful.
Sorry to hear you are feeling, would 'low' be the right word for how you feel? I too am tired and last night I slept much of the evening and then had a good night's sleep too. Still feel tired even though I went back to sleep after my link up with the blog (only because I get up so much in the small hours).
Be kind to yourself and do what you can when you can and if that light helps, stay underneath it.
Hugs, Neet 2 xx

Tracy said...

Whooot whooot BJ ⭐️ I say go for it,you'll be amazing ❤️⭐️❤️ every week without fail your love shines from your pages ... they're going tooo love you!! I'm sorry you're still under the weather plus the hormones on top ... wrapping you up in the gentlest of hugs, take the time,be kind to yourself and go canny 🤗 I adore your piggy bank,beautifully painted 🎨 Whoot whoot on winning 💖 yummy love hearts to boot !! Be safe,here's to feeling better BJ. Much love and hugs Tracy #7 xxxx

Crafting With Jack said...

Lovely Bible journaling and such a sweet piggie! Happy WOYWW. Angela #7

Crafting With Jack said...

Sorry you are struggling health wise and wishing you success with your Bible Journaling class.

Lindart said...

That little piggy is so cute! You would do a great job at teaching Bible journaling - go for it! Hope you feel better this week, Lindart #16

Sarah Brennan said...

Hope you recover your energy a bit soon BJ. You are just the right person to lead a bible journaling group - your pages are always amazing. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW Sarah #3

Helen said...

I hope the energy levels pick up soon - and some more bright days would be lovely I agree! Hope you accept the offer to do the Bible teaching, i am sure you'd be great! happy WOYWW Helen #1

Julia Dunnit said...

Well I think the bible journalling ‘teaching’ will be like falling off a log for you! Think the power of the third thought….I can’t (immediate), I might be able to (on consideration), I can (because you can)! All it’ll take is multiples of the resources you use yourself. Cute little pig, we still use an old one that I painted years ago. Usually it gets topped up by change found during tidying and cleaning, and raided for car parking! As for having breakfast, I agree, try to make it a protein so you have some energy…an egg or something. Also,my friend has done MASSES of research into her menopause and is taking an oestrogen supplement (I know not what) and it has boosted her energy hugely. Worth a look or a call to the GP, don’t suffer!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I'm sure in time you'll start to feel better just relax and don't try to push yourself too hard. Wishing you a happy asnd creative woyww, Angela x11x