About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 21 September 2022

WOYWW #694 - Cushions

Thought I'd wash our cushion covers, but found the inner wadding paper type covers had mostly disintegrated!

So I've made new inner covers from old pillowcases, old shirts and an old sheet.

Emptied my fabric store from one of my under bed drawers and it's not half as nice as Jan's fabric. In fact there was only one that would come close to her wonderful array of fabrics.

I can but dream.

The little journal on my desk was found whilst dusting some other shelves. I read a few entries and came across a time that my Mother disowned me in the past which I'd documented. So reassuring that I'm not wrong to walk away from her as she has done this to me ALL my life and as sad as it is, I need to look after my own wellbeing. I have documented the most recent malarkey and adorned with lots of my new die cuts, and positive thoughts.

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

10 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Great cushion linings BJ. Glad to hear that you are taking care of yourself. xx Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi BJ, it sounds like you;ve been having a right old sort out. I think we all need to do it sometime, I know we are ready for one. Wishing you a very happy and productive woyww, Angela x9x

glitterandglue said...

Morning BJ. Goodness - what a sort out - and that great pile of cushions! Well done - you must have used all your fabric stash doing inner covers for all those. Well done.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #5

Helen said...

Well done with the cushions and the journal have a good week Helen #2

Tracy said...

Oh my BJ look at all you've done 😍 you've been busy ... loving that soft blue with the buttons just waiting on top 💙 Wrapping you up close in much love and light ,time to look after you ... if you were here I'd be hugging you in person. You take care please. Tracy #15 xxxx

Crafting With Jack said...

Positive thoughts are so useful when you are dealing with hurtful people. You are beautiful and you are loved and for whatever reason your mother is like she is, remember that. Always on the end of an email if you need to offload. Big hugs Angela x #18

Julia Dunnit said...

Ah, it may not have been a fabric collection to match Jan’s, but it’s done the job for pillow slips hasn’t it. I bet if you were a prolific sewer like Jan you’d have more jazzy fabrics. As it is, you have a heap of papers to create with! I admire your ability to re-read that episode in your journal and it makes me happy that you’re able to journal about it from a self-care point of view.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I use two websites regularly for fabric that is much cheaper - Amothreads which supplies dead stock and end of line to save it going into landfill and Doughty’s sale page, I never pay more for fabric than £4.99 a metre! Anyway the stuff you had did the job and that’s perfect!

I won’t be around for the next couple of weeks, see you soon!
Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

Anne said...

You have done a great job BJ with what you had, very commendable. Anne x 22

Caro said...

I am so impressed with your cushion linings! It sounds like you have been having a good sort out, and you are right to look after your wellbeing. Take care, with love & God bless, Caro xxx (#11)