About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 14 September 2022

WOYWW #693 - Rest in Peace Your Majesty

Another week and yet again what a week! 

I have spent most of the week glued to the TV watching all the ceremony that goes with the passing of our sovereign Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the ascension of our new King, Charles III.

Jolly good job the new sofas and chair actually got delivered last Friday after all.

This morning sees our old sofas being collected and transported to our son in Cambridge so very nearly back to the new norm and the second door rehung!

Was beginning to feel like a cinema in our front room!

On seeing our new King's first address to the nation, the photograph he had by his side of his mother reminded me of a LO I made some years ago, June 2009 to be precise. Just loved this photo.


2012 with the Diamond Jubilee I produced a plethora of items that I would like to share as my tribute to her majesty's lifelong service to our country.

A scrapbook layout

A double page in my one and only Altered Book

A mini tag book

And a tag in my year book.





Rest in Peace Your Majesty

Happy WOYWW Everyone

12 comments:

Helen said...

Some beautiful tributes there BJ! I am glad you got your new sofas arrived in time. I too have been watching little else these last few days Helen #3

Susan Renshaw said...

A great tribute!
I hope you are enjoying the new sofas!
Happy WOYWW! Susan #5

Sarah Brennan said...

Such beautiful tributes BJ. Glad the sofas are there. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Neet said...

I can well imagine you making your tributes to Her Majesty with the te4ars rolling down your face and plopping on the work you were doing. Yes, a very sad time for us all, she was an inspiration to us all.
Hugs, Neet xx

Tracy said...

Good morning BJ 🤗 such a beautiful tribute to the Queen ❤ such lovely photos. So glad your sofas arrived 💕 on time. Wrapping you up in hugs and love as I type Tracy #13 xxxx

Diana Taylor said...

Such beautiful words and tributes BJ. Glad your sofas arrived on time, they look gorgeous and comfy.
Have a good week,
Diana xx #15

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That first LO is my favourite as it’s such a fab picture of the Queen and your choice of colours is great. Alt eh other tributes are lovely too, well done. The new furniture looks very comfy, I think I need a new recliner!
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

Crafting With Jack said...

Beautiful tributes and I love the first photograph. She had such a lovely smile. Your new furniture looks great and your son will be pleased with his. Well done on the number 1 spot 🤗. Happy WOYWW. Angela #7

Lynnecrafts said...

Such a lovely tribute, BJ. Glad you’re getting back to normal.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 8

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi BJ, thanks for the lovely comment. I have to admit that I'm late getting round everyone today because we've been to the seaside for a day out, first time since Covid started so it made a lovely change and as hubby said let's go who was I to turn it down. Also we have a new puppy so it was her first time to see the sea. Pleased the new furniture arrived just at the right time. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x12x

StampinCarol said...

Your tributes are wonderful. What great memories!
Glad you got your furniture!
Have a great week.
Carol N #16

Lindart said...

Lovely tributes, BJ! Your new furniture looks so comfy cozy! Sorry for the late visit, Lindart #17