About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Tuesday 23 February 2021

WOYWW #612 - Screenies!

Guys I really ought to have given credit to the closing words I posted last week. It was from a poem by David Harkins entitled "He is gone" obviously adapted. 

So on to this week, here's my desk from last night. 

I got all my photos delivered but haven't started the mammoth task of sorting them yet. They arrive all higgledepiggledy! I have popped a couple (one enlargement and one normal size, had to search for that one!!) in frames but that's it.

You can also see one of last weeks cards ready to write and pop in the post and my 2 mini journals made from 12x12 sheets, sewn bound. 

I'm doing a Lent one now too. I've given up Chocolate and Crisps for Lent, so the next 6 weeks will be quite difficult for me. I wanted something tangible to see how long I have to wait but am also doing a 47 day Bible devotional in the journal.

Had to take a desk photo from the opposite angle so you could see what else I have been up to. With all the ATC and inchie talk it got me thinking of doing something I could display in my "zoom" screen  (which hides the rest of my bedroom whilst I'm on calls!). 


They are only a little taller than an ATC at 12cm and slightly narrower at 6cm but I can leave them in there when I put my screen away. I don't intend to cover the screen as that would be 336 just a few to break up the monotony. Anyway I have stapled some ribbon to the tops so I can get them out of the spaces, and am again using up my previously cut diecuts, as I am in my journals.


Happy WOYWW Everyone.


19 comments:

StampinCarol said...

Hope all the sorting goes well! I have to do that with 70+ photos as well. Beautiful cards!
Have a great week!
Carol N #3

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

That screen is a great way to display your little art cards, like how you added the ribbon to make them easy to remove. Wouldn't that make a grand way to display photographs too, very clever. Nice journal covers too.
Happy WoywW Tracey #4

Chana Malkah said...

Your mini journal covers are lovely! You have been quite busy. Good luck with getting your pictures sorted!
Happy WOYWW!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, #7

Susan Renshaw said...

What a good idea to decorate the screen like that. My Zoomers just get a background of my untidy craft room!
Happy WOYWW!
Susan #8

Helen said...

good luck with the photo sorting- and well done on no 1 spot - I was surprised this morning to see so many already linked! I like your "zoom" screen and the decorations you've made it. Take care Helen #10

Sarah Brennan said...

Love that screen and the way you have chosen to add to it BJ. Good luck with the crisp and chocolate denial over Lent and sorting all those photos. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #11

Lillianb said...

great mini Journals and love the flower and the cross , good luck with staying away from chocolate and crisps. crisps I could do not sure about chocolate though. the four just a bit taller that ATC's are smashing,

Have a good week and stay well and safe,

Lilian B # 16

Julia Dunnit said...

Brilliant idea with the screen embellishments! When you’re on Zoom it will help with depth perspective! I posted last night because I’m meant to be out and about early early today, but luckily for me, that plan changed before I had to get up!! Good luck with photo sorting...at least as you go through them they’ll speak to you and by the time you get to scrapping them, you may have ideas for the LO!

glitterandglue said...

Morning BJ. Thee number 1 slot today - highly coveted by all crafters! You have been busy - all the best with your aims for Lent. Lots of photos to sort - and then the mammoth task of making each one into a layout for reminding you all about the year! Wow! I just couldn't...I know I would fall at the first fence. A useful screen - and a lovely idea for making it that bit nice for your zoom calls. Well done.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #9

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi BJ well done number 1 slot today, don't think that will ever happen to me Lol! Love the different angle of your desk it just makes things a bit more interesting maybe we should all try it for woyww onw time. Have a fun woyww and hugs, Angela x19x

De serendipity said...

Lovely collection of cards and what a tidy desk and craft area. Have a lovely week.
Sandra de @24

Ali Wade Designs said...

Happy WOYWW and congrats on the No.1 spot. Lent - I have missed the start. I was thinking of giving up chocolate, but that wouldn't normally be very difficult for me (as I don't usually eat much of it), and hubby gave me a box of fantastic chocolates for my birthday and I am having 1 or 2 each night. I don't drink or overindulge on anything else. I am about to order my next set of photos from FreePhotos (just pay for p&p), and hopefully that will kickstart my scrapbooking. I always enjoy it, but it is just the starting. I love the idea of the cards on your Zoom screen. Ali x #26

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

I don't envy you for having to sort all those photos! I always find that part very hard - what's good to keep, what's not - although I run into that dilemma even before printing them. You know that screen would look awesome covered in those cards - yes, it would be a mammoth job but a great long-term project if you ever feel like it! Have a lovely week! xx zsuzsa #27

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I didn’t know you could do that with a zoom screen! Thanks for the info, I’ll check out how to do it for future use. That’s a lot of photos to sort out, keep you out of mischief for a while!!
HUgs LLJ 5 xxx

Lisa-Jane said...

What a genius idea?! It looks like a lovely screen anyway but I can imagine over time it will get more colourful and even more beautiful! Stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #14

Lynnecrafts said...

Oh I do like the idea of a zoom screen decorated like that. What a clever idea.
The virtual ones always look so false.
Anyway, take care, stay safe and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 23

Crafting With Jack said...

Your screen idea is fabulous. Your journal covers are lovely. Have fun with your photographs Angela #31

Morti said...

Oh wow! Those screenies look fun! We should all do one and send it to you...

Morti #25

Shoshi said...

That's a great idea for a screen, BJ. I love your two mini-albums. Great stuff. I hope you get on OK with your photo sorting - it's a huge task, isn't it.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #15