About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 10 February 2021

WOYWW #610 - Thanks & Cards

Thanks everyone for last weeks comments of encouragement and comfort after I'd poured my heart out, much appreciated.

The blog hop last week really inspired me so these 9 cards were made last Thursday!

Thanks Karen M for the Inchie/Valentines inspiration, that spurred me into action and I made my hubby's Valentine and 23rd Anniversary cards. My Valentines one was made entirely with previously cut diecuts I'd saved. 

Hubby hates February as he has my birthday the day after Valentine's too! 

The inchie inspiration lead to 4 more cards. The square toppers I'd been gifted some time ago and came across them when I was sorting my 12x12 papers the other week.

The Cuttlebug cut'n'emboss squares I found already cut in my stash, the butterfly and dragonflies had been gifted to me some time ago. 

I even got out my very dusty Martha Stewart edge and corner punches. 

I did freshly cut the Happy Birthday circles, but I also cut  more of the Script part in a variety of colours for "next time"

I finished with a friend's daughter's card, dinosaurs and her favourite colours.

Two of the cards are already posted, I seem to be on track this year, seem to be getting my mojo back. Just need to sort and order those pesky photo prints to start scrapping 2020...

Happy WOYWW Everyone.


19 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

What fabulous cards BJ. Happy birthday for next Monday too. Stay safe, Sarah #5

Julia Dunnit said...

Wow, very productive, and so fab to have used up stuff that you’ve had a while, very satisfying indeed. You’re on track and I’m so off...had to stop and think about when Valentine’s Day actually is, turns out it’s much sooner than I thought! Hope you have a nice day planned for Monday! many happy returns!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I love the cards you’ve made, especially the Valentines which really doesn’t look like you’ve made it out of offcuts and spare bits!! Blimey, you
Ve reminded me that I’d better get cracking on a card for G!
Hugs LLJ 9 xxx

Lisa-Jane said...

Well done for getting so many lovely cards completed! The inchies seem to give endless possibilities without having to re-invent the wheel every time. Definitely hugs all around today, Lisa-Jane #10

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Wow, so many cards! I really like the inchie ones - that's something I could try with gelli prints! I quite forgot that Valentine's is coming up - we don't usually observe it though - I'll be glad if my husband remembers my birthday next month LOL. I'll have to drop some hints! Have a lovely week! zsuzsa #24

Helen said...

I started well with carda in January but have ground to a halt now! Well done xx enjoy your birthday Helen #2

Neet said...

Cor Blimey! You have been a busy bee. What a lot you have achieved, obviously the inspiration hit the spot for you to create like that.
Can understand the hesitation over the time around Valentines with your birthday so close. I have two friends cards I have just sent - one for the 14th and one the 15th like you. Have a lovely day when it comes around.
Hugs, Neet 6 xx

Diana Taylor said...

Wow, gorgeous cards -what a wonderful selection you've made - I love the inchie ones - you've got me wondering whatever happened to my 1" punch that I used for inchies a few years ago - now I won't rest until I've found it and had a play about with them!
Have a good week, stay safe and well, and Happy Birthday for the day after Valentines day!
Diana xx #21

Felicia said...

BJ, you are on a role!!! Love the creativity that came out of maybe not so pleasant thoughts and from loving encouragement!!! This very mindset is why I love the lotus flower so very much. Its story is very much the blessing OUT OF the mud! I have a similar story and this is why I had the lotus flower tattooed on my arm years ago. Just a gentle reminder that beauty can come out of ashes and your cards certainly are beautiful!! Have a wonderful rest of your week! Blessings, Felicia #30

Caro said...

Wow! You have been so busy - those cards as well wonderful! Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#20)

Karen said...

Terrific cards! Yes ~ You're on a roll :) The shout out warms my heart ~ We need our crafty friends to encourage and spur on our creativity! I'm thankful for this group of deskers. Blessings on your mojo and the week ahead ~ Love, Karen#28

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Your cards are fab BJ, it's a grand feeling when we see them all displayed together, encouraging and inspirational to others.
Wishing you a super Birthday on Monday. Take care Tracey #36

Lillianb said...

Loving your cards and so glad you have your Mojo back, its horrid when it hides somewhere

Take care and stay safe ,,

Lilian B #12

glitterandglue said...

Hi BJ. Goodness, you have been busy! Well done. Those cards are great, and just think how much thinner your stash pile now is, using all those ready made pieces! Whoop, whoop!!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #4

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Oh wow! Martha Stewart now that brings back some memories. I know I have some of her punches for sure. I also use her air dry clay it's one of the best I've bought but it's difficult to get hold of now. You have been busy, think I need to go through some left over stuff and use it up soon. Have a lovely belated woyww, Angela x18x

Lindart said...

Hi! Looks like your Mojo was going strong this week! Great bunch of cards! Have a great week, stay safe! Lindart #32

Crafting With Jack said...

Hi BJ, great selection of cards and I am glad you have found your mojo. Happy WOYWW Angela #12

sandra de said...

Lovely cards BJ. Always good to have a stash but, then you do need the motivation to sit down and create. I was a bit like that last year and stopped posting and really had to shake myself out of the doldrums. Thank you for your lovely comments about my painting :)
Sandra de @39

Susan Renshaw said...

What a lot of lovely cards!
happy Valentines, Anniversary and Birthday!!
Happy WOYWW!
Stay safe and keep well!
Update on here in Victoria – we are in a snap lockdown again – hopefully only for a few days – but 5k limit, no visitors or gatherings, only leave the house for the 4 special reasons, only essential shops open…
And the rainbow lorikeets are eating our peaches!
Susan #22
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!