About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 3 February 2021

WOYWW #609 - Finished Scraping 2019

So I finished scrapping 2019 and am in the process of selecting photos from 2020 to have printed. Consequently my desk is back to is usual empty, tidy state LOL. 

My last double LO was particularly difficult as it was the last time we went to Swansea to visit my Mother. 

It was the Christmas before last, and difficult as she disowned me yet again so that was the last time I spoke to her and vice versa. 

Most of the photos were of when I went to Langland Beach and Mumbles Pier with my Son and Husband. 

Note the arcade photo Jan! Little did I know the argument which was to ensue that evening. We left the next day and I was so glad to be home.

On the plus side 2020 slipped by without the usual drama associated with my Mother which has been a great relief. So the situation is incredibly sad as it's my Mother but happy as I've escaped the drama.

My final 2019 LO is of our Pastor's wife and new baby (matching outfits LOL) plus my church friends going for walks and my last geocache find of 2019. 

The "Loved" decoration was given to everyone at the carol service that year. I'd missed the service so hoped to get a spare one at the Christmas Eve service but couldn't find one. I was in my car about to leave when one of the youth ran up to me and knocked on the window, he'd passed me the brown package with the heart logo of our church. I was nearly in tears, he'd found one for me. Anyway I think it was God's way of telling me I'm loved despite what was about to happen in Swansea...

Oh gosh, poured out my heart there.

Anyway one thing to note on my desk is the "MASKS" word I cut out from some packaging I'd kept, since recycled in the clean up. I've been planning my 2020 scrapping and obviously a LOCKDOWN page is required and the word is Just Right - LOL.

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

20 comments:

Lisa-Jane said...

Well done with the scrapping - it must feel really good to tick off a whole year. My heart is with you on the "mother" issue. I'm estranged from mine, must be nearly 4 years now, and it is hard and sad to know that the best thing is for us to be apart. It is especially difficult now in these challenging times where so many other people are fighting hard to be near their mums, or feeling so bereft when she is taken away. I have to comfort myself that other people have been sent my way instead. Much love to you. Stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #2

glitterandglue said...

Hi BJ. Yes - so sad - but yes - remember that you are the apple of God's eye. He loves you with an everlasting love. All you can do is continue to pray for your mum to be touched by that love, as you are.
Well done on finishing the year! I wouldn't know where to begin with photos for scrapping... not a thing I have ever really taken to.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #5

Lunch Lady Jan said...

It was good to see the arcade pic but understand now why it causes you grief to think about Mumbles, I hadn’t realised. I am so sorry to hear about the estrangement, if things are that way then all you can do is be the happiest you can regardless.
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

Annie said...

Bless you. Sometimes we have to walk away from things that cause pain but never feel unloved. You are part of a loving, caring group here and there is always someone available if you need us.
Hugs,
Annie x #9

Diana Taylor said...

You are getting on so well with your layouts, they look fab. I do feel for you with your mum situation, estrangement is a very hard thing to deal with. It sounds like you have a wonderful extended family with your church and I hope you draw strength from them when you need to, and don't forget us Deskers are always here for you also.
Hugs, Diana xx #23

Helen said...

Well done with the scrapping, mixed memories and emotions - families, eh?!! at least you have your church family. Hope the 2020 photos prove less troubling. take care and stay safe. Helen #3

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi BJ sorry to hear about the problems with your mum, it's hard when families don't get on. My mother is 92 now and we have our moments. We lost my dad to covid last March and mum had a fall on Sunday and is in hospital at the moment. She will only listen to what you say when it suits her and so we do fall out at least once a week but she is my mother and I just have to accept this for her sake. Luckily for your mum it doesn't sound as though she needs you at the moment but maybe in time she will realise how important your relation ship is and maybe come round but for now I would leave it at that for your own sanity. Take care and wishing you a lovely creative week and happy woyww, Angela x16x

Chana Malkah said...

Good luck with your 2020 Scrapping! I always think that trips down memory lane are good for the soul. Even uncomfortable memories help us recognize how much we've grown and they also remind us that we are much stronger than we know!

Be well,
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, #32

Dorlene Durham said...

I’m sorry to hear of your mother drama. I hope things work out whichever way is best for you. I love the story about the boy who brought the heart from your church. That was special. Have a great week lady.

Dorlene #31

Crafting With Jack said...

I am sorry about your mother disowning you, that must have been traumatic. My sister stopped speaking to me and I never knew (and still don’t) what is was about. After about 8 years she contacted me as she had some stuff of my mother’s which she was going to get rid of.. I took the plunge and went round there on my own to collect the stuff and we have been friends ever since. It is so wonderful to have my sister back in my life. For fear of dredging up the past, I told her I didn’t want to talk about what happened.

Sarah Brennan said...

Love that final page for 2019 BJ and the touching story behind the central embellishment. SOrry to hear that your relationship with your Mum is so difficult. My mother and late grandmother had a similar relationship even though my grandma had lived with us for a while after a car accident and Mum looked after her. Families can be difficult. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #10

Morti said...

Not much I can say except give you virtual hugs. Families are sometimes the worst. My mother-in-law is a case in point. You are very definitely loved....

Morti x #24

Felicia said...

BJ my heart goes out to you! I totally know how an estranged relationship with a mother can be. It was that way for me for many years. We now have a wonderful relationship but now without me eating a LOT of humble pie and letting go of a lot of baggage! I didn't want her leaving this world without us mending our ways. I pray someday you can have the relationship you deserve from your mom! Your story of the decoration is so heartwarming and I agree, you ARE loved despite it ALL! God keeps you in the palm of His hand BJ!!! Blessings to you today and thanks for stopping by my blog! Felicia #28

Karen said...

Terrific pages and stories ~ Onto 2020! Enjoy the weekend ~ Love, Karen#27

Shoshi said...

Lovely layouts, BJ, and what a tidy desk! So sorry you've got mother issues to deal with. We had nothing but constant stress and drama the whole time we had Mum living with us here and with me being so ill at the time. You have my sympathy.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #15

Lillianb said...

Sorry to be so late but the internet packed up its surprising how I missed it


Great that you can get the srapping done I have lots O want to do but keep putting it off.

Take care and stay safe,

Lilian B #12

Crafting With Jack said...

https://craftingwithjack.blogspot.com/2019/02/easy-duct-tape-journal.html
Have a look at this page for how I do my books x

Susan Renshaw said...

Sorry to read about the mother issues...
Glad you got your heart logo. Super layouts!
Happy WOYWW!
Stay safe and keep well!
I am hoping to visit everyone this week – unfortunately last week I just couldn’t make it…
Susan #8
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

My name is Cindy said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the 'mother' issue it must be very hard to deal with. On the plus side you have managed to not let it take over your life. At least you could still scrap the events!! The scissors you noticed are from Dunelm, they do nice sets of 3 in pretty patterns for a couple of quid. I have several sets as I am a bit of a scissor freak. stay well, stay safe, love n hugs, Cindyxx (Sorry I'm so late!!)

Spyder said...

You know that desk is too tidy! the scrap pages are a nice way to save memories even if there are mother issues... mine were always my dad, I could do nothing right, but there you go, no one can please everyone! One of my doggy customers mother was quite nasty to her daughter when I turned up to look after her little dog for the afternoon, evidently I was a dog murderer and her daughter was paying me to take her dog away and kill it!
Me and hubby started geocache last year and have continued this year just on our daily 'exercising', the last time we went we found 10, all quite close, but a couple were so small or so wet we couldn't sign them.
Any way! Stay safe, Keep on crafting! Happy WOYWW!? ((Lyn)) #26!