About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 20 January 2021

WOYWW #607 Allusion or Illusion?

Last week I said my lack of clothing was just an allusion but was it actually an illusion? Looked up both words and cannot distinguish them enough to work out which I ought to have used in the context! Safe to say the last page in my 15th Scrapbook will cause a stir either way.

Started my 16th 12x12 day to day Scrapbook (my last few have been gifted to me by an ex-scrapper so kind). I put 30 pages in each album, so can fit 60 layouts each. I have 3 special 12x12 albums too, so well over 900 layouts over the years.









My opening page was a lot more subdued, a rainy day when we had out trees lopped. The Silver Birch had half its height cut, they had to come and confirm this was what I wanted, it was! We only have a smallish garden and the trees take over somewhat over the 3 year gap, Magnolia and Red Robin also.

Then some September 2019 things like son going back to Uni for his final year, some geocaching and hair colouring. Also moving our son's drums to the loft as we needed the space to move stuff around to enable the lounge to have its makeover.

A dinosaur birthday party of a friend's 3yr old twins



Then the lounge makeover itself. The old original (1927) ceiling was bulging somewhat and we wanted to save the cornice so found some plasterers prepared to give it a go. They did a mighty fine job, the stilts and microwave being the highlights for me.


Happy WOYWW Everyone.

20 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Taht is an amazing collection of layouts over the years BJ including the latest additions. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Julia Dunnit said...

Great LOs BJ, every one! I love the lounge story, those boys they just bounce about on the stilts as if it was perfectly easy don’t they. I had a go once, at work! It’s not easy initially!!a your lack of clothes was an illusion. When I talk about you, I may allude to the fact that you were naked. Does that help? It’s actually harder to explain the difference than I would have thought!

glitterandglue said...

Morning BJ. Oh my - over 900 layouts! Phew!! They are great - well done. The lounge makeover sounds impressive. Now I can understand the stilts... but the microwave??
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #1

Diana Taylor said...

Your layouts are looking fab, and what a collection - 900! You are doing a great job and I like the idea of putting more than one photo per page, I think it makes the page more interesting to be ablet to stop and browse a few at a time. I had no idea stilts were used for that sort of work - it makes absolute sense but must take quite a bit of practice to feel confident enough to work on them.
Hope you have a good week,
Diana xx #15

Susan Renshaw said...

Wow! 900 layouts!
The ones in this post are fabulous.
Stay safe and keep well.
Happy WOYWW! Susan #12

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Great LOs that make the most of your photos! I ove the plasterers on the stilts, it’s such a fine art doing plastering and one that I don’t have!
Hugs LLJ 16 xxx

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

As a language learner, I was intrigued by "allusion" vs "illusion" so I looked it up too. I think this explains it really well: https://www.grammar-monster.com/easily_confused/allusion_illusion.htm Is that you naked in that photo? gasp! You're a brave lady - I would never let anyone take a photo of me naked! What a wonderful range of layouts! You're doing so well preserving all those precious memories! Take care xx zsuzsa #18

Helen said...

Wow , what a lot of layouts! I think those stilts ceiling people use are great , not sure I'd cope though . Stay safe Helen #4

Felicia said...

BJ, whether "allusion" or "illusion" what a layout that is! LOLOL It STILL tickles me! Still mind-blowing to think of all those pages and layouts! Good on you for following through with that project! I'm sure it's as much a passion for you as other things are for me! Enjoy! Glad you were able to save your ceiling and cornices! Little touches like that are what give areas character! Stay safe and healthy! Felicia #27

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Pleased to see you keeping busy. We are so lucky to have such interests and great friends to share it with. Take care and have a lovely creative woyww, Angela x14x

Twiglet said...

A fab set of LOs - what a great sense of achievement you must have! no - I don't know the difference between allusion and illusion but I bet my grammar fanatic daughter does. I will ask. xx Jo

Crafting With Jack said...

Fabulous collection of layouts and memories. Happy WOYWW, have a great week Angela #6

Ali Wade Designs said...

Happy WOYWW. 900 LOs! That is incredible. I think I have a long way to catch up! Ali x. #26

Karen said...

"What do allusion and illusion mean? An allusion is a reference, direct or implied, to something or someone. ... An illusion, on the other hand, is something that deceives the mind or senses by creating a false impression of reality." Fantastic pages ~ so many great memories ~ Have fun this week creating more pages! Love, Karen #33

Spyder said...

Being dyslexic I often get words muddled! And I'm a rubbish smeller, I mean speller! I have my phone here so I can spell words when writing up my blog and comments. words like affect and effect Dah?! I would make up rhymes at school to help me. Ache Under TUM Nasty is Autumn even now! I say, illusion isn't real and allusion is a hint, it works for me! My old laptop would correct my spelling, if I typed ob it would change it to obviously and obv would change to obvious, this new laptop doesn't even have a dictionary! All those papers are going to take you some time to fill! and yes, the plaster man on stilts, we had one of them when we had our bathroom done. He just walked around the place like he was born with them on! Well a a great week, Happy WOYWW!? Stay Safe, Keep Crafting! ((Lyn)) #17

Neet said...

Lots of goodies there for us to peruse at leisure.
I too am fascinated by the plasterers on stilts. When we had our ceiling reskimmed and he said he was using stilts I wanted to watch but couldn't see through the polythene tent he had erected to protect everything. I smiled as they decided to use the bottom opening window to enter and exit so they did not get dirt anywhere. Guess I will have them back for the next lot of plastering.
Stay Safe & Well, Hugs, Neet 5 xx

Caro said...

Wow! What a wonderful selection of layouts - you have been really busy and they are all fantastic! Happy belated WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#8)

craftyani said...

900 layouts what a lot of memories. Have a good week. ANi

Christine said...

What wonderful memories, so much better than 3 rocker boxes full!!!
Take care, stay safe
Christine #35

Shoshi said...

Fun layouts, BJ - well done!

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #23