About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Tuesday 5 January 2021

Gradient




Thought I'd do a specific post of my "Gradient" Jigsaw Puzzle. I started the sort of the colours/edges on Wednesday 30th Dec 2020. 

Even seeing the colours in the box was a delight to my eyes as I just love colours. Then the edges just went together, plonk plonk plonk..... It was far easier than you'd think.

The following Day on New Year's Eve - 31st January 2020 I started with the pink corner and decided to do it portrait-wise. I had a slight misfortune with the pastel box which ended up on the floor. Great excuse to delay any vacuuming until the puzzle was completed!



New Year's Day - 1st January 2021 - I dyed my hair in the morning and yup it matched the pinky/purple end - LOL. 

I was adding pieces quite methodically by now and flipped the board after getting halfway.  

My son, who'd got it for me for Christmas exclaimed, 

"Don't do it too quickly!" 

But then he had a go and realised how much fun it was.

On Saturday 2nd January 2021 came the slightly more challenging end. I'd managed to sort the greens/yellows into the biggest pile at the beginning so I just knew this would be more challenging. The following day 3rd January 2021 having tried to watch my church service live and it not working I set to to finish the yellow/green section, DONE!


Have to say this was probably the most satisfying and enjoyable puzzle to complete. You aren't limited to looking at a picture and trying to match little patterns, in fact you don't need the picture at all just an eye for colour and the shape of the pieces. 

Excellent, I highly recommend this type of puzzle to avid puzzlers.

No comments: