About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 13 January 2021

WOYWW #606 - Sorting & Scrapping

Spurred in by you lovely ladies and the sorting I saw last week, I decided to do some shelf sorting myself. I rejigged my first two shelves, moving my dies down a shelf to make them easier to access. My stamp folders have gone up a shelf, 'cause, well, I really don't use them much, I'm not a stamper.

Anyway, whilst doing all that, I found some old photos of my graduation which got me back to scrapping and then I was spurred on by nearing the end of my current (15th) 12x12 scrapbook, so I've done quite a few pages, the last of which is sitting on my desk awaiting sticking.

There's my Graduation, way back in 1987! (Photo won't load properly here so I have posted separately).   My hubby's birthday July 2019 when he did my car hub caps, and my son's visit to his beloved primary school which was on the same day!



Hubby cycling and some Summer stuff. Had misspelt "Chiltons" so redid on some card and it actually looked better. Not use my big gears in ages either.

A visit to Swansea - Caswell Bay and Clyne Gardens. Used the flower die I re-found whilst sorting, forgot I had that Cuttlebug die.


More geocaching, a hospital visit and friends, got me into August 2019. Son had had chest pains but he was checked out and all A-OK. Probably pulled a muscle!

And the final page for the current album is the page awaiting sticking. It is a bit risky, don't ask! It was a challenge and I really didn't take ALL my clothes off it is just the allusion of such! And it was in the woods and we didn't see a soul.


Happy WOYWW Everyone.

22 comments:

Helen said...

Morning BJ - great pages! I couldn't click on the graduation one to see closer but glad to see you are catching up with your pages (lol!) Well done o the shelf sorting too. Helen #4

BJ said...

Yep - know the graduation photo won't load separately, couldn't sort it so will do it's own post now....

Helen said...

it's fine - we are just nosy!!

BJ said...

But I had tried so much to sort it and I was really annoying me and there's a story with it I didn't share here...

Lillianb said...

Happy WOYWDW

I am still sorting things seem to take a age, Think its because I find something and want to play lol

What lovely pages you have there,

Take care and stay safe

Lilian B #7

glitterandglue said...

Morning BJ. Oh my - such activity! Well done on the sorting and the pages - so much achieved!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #2

Lunch Lady Jan said...

There’s nothing like a good sort out, you’ll enjoy the new shelves so much! Great LOs but of course, the Caswell and Clyde one caught my eye! I have some really good memories of myself and my boys spending happy days there before going over to the arcades ar Mumbles!
Hugs LLJ 15 xxx

Diana Taylor said...

Your pages are fab - I love the Graduation layout, and the text is great - I love that font.
Hope you have a good week, stay safe and well,
Diana xx #25

Karen said...

Terrific pages! bravo on your reorganization as well. It makes sense to put what we use most front an center and yet we wait to do it?! Yup we all do! I started scrapping again when covid first hit and then stopped again. I need to finish the cousins book that I started, and hope to complete it this year actually by the end of Spring so I can get copies and give them away this summer....I need to get on that! Enjoy your week & your crafting ~ Love, Karen#30

Sarah Brennan said...

What fabulous pages BJ. I graduated in 1987 too! I must try and find a photo lol. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Felicia said...

BJ, LOVE that you still have "oldie" photos lying around that you can scrap with!! Lord, I don't even know if I have old photos! Or even where they would be! LOL Good on you though! And the "almost nudie" shot brought giggles!! Great spreads all the way around! Stay safe, blessings, Felicia #33

Caro said...

What fab layouts - you have been so busy. Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#13)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great layouts but pleased don't mention sorting again as I am full of guilt Lol! I know it needs doing though. Take care and have a lovely creative week, Angela x23x

Shoshi said...

Well done with your sorting, BJ. I'm afraid I haven't even started with mine - the room is a total tip. I'll get round to it eventually, I suppose! Great layouts.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #28

Heather M said...

Hi BJ, 15th scrapbook? My goodness what have I started?? I haven't completed one yet, although I have started a few. I really need to focus on them for a month - maybe I'll pick a month when I don't have any cards to make. Love the last layout - allusion of not having any clothes on - makes for a great layout! Well done on the craft sorting - I'll have to set a separate month aside for that! Have a lovely week, Heather xx #18

Crafting With Jack said...

Great scrapbook pages, looks like you were having fun in that last layout. Have a great week Angela #10

Spyder said...

Evening! I'm getting round slowly, there's sooo much to see! I have 'scrapbooks' years back when they were just coloured paper you added photos to, in a large scrap book from Woolworths. People make such great ones now. I have loads of oldies left when mum past, I really should do something with them one day, ours photos will be the oldies! Stay safe, keep Crafting! Happy WOYWW ((Lyn)) 21

Marit said...

Wow, you were quite busy after finding those photos, the layouts look amazing! What a sort-out cleaning afternoon can do... your story should actually motivate me to start cleaning up.. hmmm, it's my first day off so maybe not. Stay healthy and safe dear! Love from Holland, Marit #31

Julia Dunnit said...

Sorry I’m late. So pleased that you were spurred on. And blimey, you really were spurred on. I interested in how many pages you tend to put it into an album before you consider it full...like you I have many full albums. My DH seems to think some of them are over full and could do with some thinning. I’m a bit of the ‘sleeping dogs’ mentality over the existing, but may start to be more conservative with future ones! Your pages are great, I love the story of stripping in the woods...you daredevil!!

Morti said...

Love your scrapbook pages. I really must get back into that - I'm supposed to be doing my Nephew's first year, and he's now 5! Oh dear....

So many hobbies, so little time...

Happy WOYWW!

Morti #20

StampinCarol said...

I love your pages! I'm so intimidated to scrap without a layout to follow. And isn't it great when you reorganize and things are better to reach or work with!
Thanks for popping by!
Have a great week!
Carol N #29

Susan Renshaw said...

Great layouts! Also well done on the sorting!
Happy WOYWW!
Susan #26