About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 19 August 2020

WOYWW #585 - Surgery Next Week!

In a bit of a whirl here as got a date for my surgery for my frozen shoulder on Monday for NEXT Monday! Eeeeekkkk! Had two days trying to sort it all out as the anaesthetist's fees weren't all covered by the insurance so haggled with her directly on the phone yesterday! Oh my! It has all suddenly become so real. I go for my Covid-19 SWAB this afternoon, hence reminder on desk, and will need to self isolate from household after that till Monday too.

Did finish off my LO from last week and added secret journalling on the tag behind my photo.

Did one of my jigsaws but the picture was all cracked so I have sent it back for a refund. I'd say it was diecut before the glue on the picture was dry. Glad it was just the 500 piece one.

Can't believe it takes 6 clicks of buttons to upload a photo and then one to add it. You can't upload a few and go back to add each one where you want as they disappear from upload and you can't just drag and drop them in anymore either. Then how on earth do you move them to the right place!!! It's doing my head in. 


Happy WOYWW Everyone.

13 comments:

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Hope all goes well next week - you were right to send back that jigsaw, as long as they don't make you pay for postage, otherwise it probably wouldn't be worth it. I'm not happy with the new blogger either - why make something more complicated than it was before? It's a downgrade as far as I'm concerned. But at least we know they're "developing" it - better than scrapping it altogether, which they can do any minute like they did with G+. Happy #585! zsuzsa #21

Sue Jones said...

good luck for next week , hope it goes well and that you are pain free soon xx lovely page . Soojay #22

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Good luck for the test/op, hope it sorts your shoulder out. That jigsaw wasn't good eh, well done for sending it back, hope you get a refund pdq.
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

My name is Cindy said...

Oh best wishes for the surgery BJ, hope that sorts you out! I know, it seems to have become very difficult to get photos on the blog page - I'm just putting up with lots of white space as I can't seem to place them where I want! Happy WOYWW, stay well, stay safe, Cindy #2

Helen said...

good luck with the surgery - that was quick!! I agree about the adding of photos - my Kew posts take ages these days! blooming blogger! Love the layout. take care and stay safe Helen #2

Anne said...

Hope all goes well. Anne @16

Crafting With Jack said...

Hope all goes well with your surgery. Am hoping to have a massage soon because my shoulder is really painful, I would be okay if I didn’t use it🙄. All the bests Angela #31

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hope everything goes well next week. The New blogger interface is still not good enough just hope people are going to their forum and telling them which problems they are having or nothing will change. Loving the LO and the jigsaws. Wishing you a very happy woyww and a lovely creative week, Angela x14x

SusanLotus said...

Fun to see a LO here in the WOYWW collection. :)
Have a nice week!
Sussie No. 33

Caro said...

I love the layout and the jigsaw....funnily enough we did that jigsaw as a family last Christmas! I really hope that everything goes well next week. Sorry I am late commenting. Happy belated WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. with love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#9)

Shoshi said...

All the very best for your shoulder operation, BJ - I am sure you will be greatly relieved when it's done. Frozen shoulder is such a painful thing. You did right to send back the jigsaw. It sounds as if someone messed up during the manufacture of that one! From your description of the problems uploading photos I assume you are talking about another Blogger issue - I got thoroughly cheesed off with Blogger over a year ago because of photo issues. They managed to delete every single photo off my 8-year-old blog! Then any photos I put up were not visible to anybody but me. At that point I threw in the towel and waved goodbye and good riddance to Blogger altogether and migrated to Wordpress, a move I have never once regretted, and all the more so now I keep reading of everyone tearing their hair over the rubbish new Blogger! If they weren't making the change in order to improve it, why change it at all?!! If Wordpress can produce a smoothly running and excellent platform, why on earth can't Google/Blogger? It seems everyone is struggling with it. My commiserations!

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi x #23

Julia Dunnit said...

Sorry to be late. I see what you mean about the cracked picture, disappointing isn’t it. Fab overall pic though! It’s fascinating that different hospitals/areas are asking patients to do different things. Mi sis in law is having some bowel surgery and they said to stay at home, but not actually necessary to self isolate, and that its OK for her husband to come and go from work! Weird. Whatever anyway, I hope the waiting hasn’t been too drawn out and look forward to hearing that the surgery has solved it, it will feel life changing for you after all this time!

Susan Renshaw said...

By now you may have had the op? Hope it went well...

Know what you mean about adding the photos in blogger...

Sorry I am so late posting - have a good week!
Susan #10