About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 21 October 2020

WOYWW #594 - Post Surgery (AWOL 9 Weeks)

Nearly 2 calendar months since my left shoulder surgery and I was determined to do some crafting before joining in here again. So here's my desk with a double layout - YAY.

I did get back into jigsaws about 3 weeks post op and have done 4 of those. 

However all the shoulder exercises and physio have irritated my neck so I can't stay at my desk too long.

I can now more my arm about 90-95% of normal range which is a huge improvement but it is still quite sore and my right arm/shoulder has decided to join in with hurting along with the neck and right hip and back so sleeping is quite torturous.

The house jigsaw was lent to me by a friend but the other three were from my "The Works" order per-op. I did get a partial refund for the one damaged jigsaw I returned, it was less the voucher I used to pay for order, not sure if that was a coincidence or not - still pursuing that.

My main activity is walking, although it's raining today, shall I? Unfortunately I'm unable to get back into my "normal" activities of badminton and dancing due to COVID restrictions let alone the shoulder!

Anyway I "need" to make an anniversary card today, have been lacking in sending greetings cards the past few months but I really ought to get back into crafting and sitting at my desk with SAD light, now the days are drawing in and murky.

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

19 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I'm glad your surgery went ok, that's great to know that you've regained so much movement. Things just seem to take longer to heal now, don't you think? It's odd, some people haven't been affected but he flu jab at all whereas others have been waylaid by it - my symptoms were a high temp for 36 hours, ached all over (even my teeth!) and had legs of lead, tbh my energy is still quite low. Your hubby will probably be fine.
HUgs LLJ 17 xxx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi BJ, nice to see you. So good to hear the surgery went well and you are recovering well. We definitely take longer to heal and recover as we get older, but seem to have got a really good level of mobility back.I had my flu jab, and to be honest, did feel a bit iffy for a few days, yet I've never had that in previous years. Hubby on the other hand, has always felt a bit iffy for a few days after his, yet this time he was fine and had nothing! Go figure. Stay safe, Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 X

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Love the jigsaws and the layouts! Great that you're back in the proverbial saddle. In my experience - from twisting my ankles last year - you just have to get on with things and it will get easier with each passing day. Happy Wednesday and nice to see you back! zsuzsa #13

Christine said...

We uncovered several jigsaws while sorting through Peter's office, don't know when he thought he'd do them though!! They were mainly trains so they have gone over to the loco works .....
Have a good week and be careful
Christine #14

Diana Taylor said...

Nice to see you back and on the mend. Love the layouts and it's great you are getting some crafting done even if you can't spend too long at the desk.
Hope you have a good week,
Diana xx #19

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Pleased the injury is improving and the surgery went well but take extra care for a while. The jigsaws look like fun, I love them but don't really have anywhere to do them really. Wishing you a lovely week and a very happy woyww, Angela x20x

Felicia said...

So happy that your surgery went well! I'm assuming the puzzles were crafted with the other arm!! LOL They are fabulous!! I know you are probably going crazy not being able craft as you like, but blessings for FULL recovery and upcoming craft projects! Felicia #32

glitterandglue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
glitterandglue said...

Hi BJ. Good to hear you are recovering. Take care of yourself during this time. You have been busy - jigsaws, scrapbook pages, walks... is there no end?
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #3

Helen said...

Good to see you and glad the surgery went ok . Hope the aches go soon..happy woyww Helen #2

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Glad the surgery went well BJ, those jigsaws look fab. I never thought about the works when searching for jigsaws for my Mom. Must keep that in mind for the future. Hope you enjoyed your card making? Happy WoywW Tracey #8

Chrissie said...

I hope you continue to improve, shoulder surgery must me very debilitating. Your layout looks great!
DO stay safe!
Chrissie #10

Crafting With Jack said...

Glad the surgery went well, it will feel sore what with the op and the physio, but it’s great you have more movement. Wishing you a speedy recovery Angela #36

Sarah Brennan said...

Good to see you back BJ. Glad the surgery has seen some improvement. Hope the aches and pains ease soon so you can get back to crafting more often. Stay safe and happy OWYWW. Sarah #1

Crafting With Jack said...

Thanks for your comment. I started with an idea of choosing some verses from each, but even that is quite a job. Not had a good day today so hope to start back tomorrow x

Karen said...

Hi! look at all those great puzzles ~ We are puzzlers on vacation and during the summer mostly and love them too. Your layout is great, good for you for getting into it again ~ Keep healing! Love, Karen#40

Shoshi said...

I'm glad your shoulder operation went so well and you've regained so much movement, BJ, but it sounds as if you are suffering quite a bit of pain, which must be horrible, and frustrating too, not being able to do all the things you want. I hope you recover soon.

Happy belated WOYWW and welcome back to the fold,
Shoshi #22

Julia Dunnit said...

Nice to see you BJ, and great to hear about the positive shoulder progress, although of course, sympathy over it throwing out other joints. Hope they can (literally) be brought back into line soon. Murky days...you can say that again, yesterday was vile. I think it’s a jolly good idea to spend some part of your day at your desk, after all, you need the time under the SAD light, so there’s a perfectly good reason.

Susan Renshaw said...

Hope that your shoulder progresses well and you will be soon back on form. Well done on the layout and the jigsaws!
Sorry for the late visit.
Susan #24