About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 6 July 2016

Geocaching in Croydon

Dropped my son off to do his Driving Theory Test in Croydon City Centre last Saturday and wondered what to do with myself for an hour?

This is the mural opposite driving theory test building!

So I tried the, "Find Nearby Geocaches" on my phone APP and voilá a couple close by.

The first took me to the High Street via a lovely old building, The Grants Building, a former department store.

Then on to The Hospital of the Holy Trinity, A Whitgift Almshouse.








Not so pretty with all the scaffolding, so a couple of close-ups through the central doorway.

Dare I say you can actually "see" the nano cache in one of the photos, such fun.

Of course the obligatory tram was a must too.























My second cache was a "multi", first taking me to a mural to get some clues and then on to the cache itself.

Here's one mural which so happened to be back on the wall of the car park we parked at!




And here's the location of the cache itself. Another nano cache.






And finally this is the sign outside the building I got to on my way to a third cache but my son called to say he'd finished so I abandoned my caching for the day.

Oh and YES he passed! Yippee!

No comments: