About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Saturday 18 June 2016

My Dad

To mark the anniversary of losing my Dad, I light a candle at the local Catholic Church and ponder a while in their Garden of Remembrance.

This yearly vigil began when my son was in the Montessori Preschool in the church hall there back in 2002.

My Dad passed away a couple of years before this in 1998, soon after giving me away in marriage.


Here are a few photos of my Dad and me.






I look about 1yr in this one so probably 1965.













At my graduation in 1987.







Walking me down the Aisle in February 1998.

Poignant for a number of reasons as this was the last time I saw him before he died. Well we did pop in on our way back from our honeymoon, so that was definitely the last time. We had a cup of tea and a Kit-Kat and I thanked him for a wonderful speech at our wedding and hugged him too. Love you Dad xxx.

2 comments:

Helen said...

some nice memories, of course. anniversaries are always hard. xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I can't believe I missed this fitting tribute to your father. He was a very good looking man. I'm sure you're still proud of him, even after all these years.