About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 20 December 2023

WOYWW #759 - Staying Gnome for Christmas

Well the scrapbooking is desperately trying to resurface after all the tag making - it's on the desk but that's as far as it has got.

Excited for son coming home this year.

Turned down all parties as IBS resurfaced Saturday, I really find this time so stressful, looking forward to son's birthday and the New Year.

I showed my friend my Bibles with all the gnomes today and she said I HAD to open my present early, excellent...a gnome decoration! YAY!

Here are last week's gnomes, they seem to be a hit with lots of folks...

Mr "Nothing is Impossible" Gnome

Mr "Bells of Peace" Gnome

Mr "Given a Gift" Gnome

Mr "Everlasting Life" Gnome


Mr "The Beauty of Jesus" Gnome

Mr "King of Kings" Gnome

Mr "Taste and See" Gnome

And my gift...Love him


I did make a tag from the bits and pieces I had left over on my desk




And last but not least, my week 51 card from the #scripture52 series.



Happy WOYWW Christmas Everyone.


13 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

I do hope the IBS settles soon BJ and you can enjoy the time with your son and family. The gnomes look even better all together like this. Stay safe and Merry WOYWW Christmas. Sarah #1

Mary Anne said...

Oh dear but there is nothing worse than being ill at this time of year - I know, we all had Covid last year! I hope your condition settles down at least, cause there is no "getting over it" is there. Hope you are able to enjoy yours son's birthday and the stress receeds a bit at least!
Happy Christmas WOYWW!
Mary Anne (9)

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Beautiful Gnomes..and I love the Bottom card. Just adorable. Merry Christmas to You and Yours. May your days be Merry and Bright.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

All the gnomes are fab but I really love the one with the golden crown! You’ve got the knack in getting their personalities across. Sorry you’ve got IBS, it’s that time of year when things jump out at you, hope you feel better soon xx
Hugs LLJ 7 xx

Annie said...

I'm late calling in cos I had a surprise customer this morning who wanted 7 memory bears making before Christmas!!! Hense I've been head down sewing all day and hope to finish them off tomorrow as I am out tonight at Sam's singing concert [He's singing a duet with a little 9 yr old little girl so will be taking my tissues ].
I'm doing a flying visit today to wish everyone a very happy Christmas. Hope to 'see' you all after the festivities.
Hugs,
Annie x #8

Julia Dunnit said...

Ugh, wish I could suggest something to help with the flare up, less stress would of course be the answer, but you either feel it or you don't. Generally I think I don't, and I know I'm lucky, but yep, this time of year even gets to me a bit! Feel better soon.
Your gnome gift is lovely isn't it, making a nice coincidence with your bible gnomes I must say! Happy to see the scrapbooking is calling, will probably do you good to kick back and relax with it. happy Christmas!

Helen said...

I hope the IBS settles so you can enjoy Christmas, how lovely that your son will be home. what a lovely gift and so apt. your gnome pages are just beautiful. Happy Christmas and WOYWW Helen #2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I'm a bit late getting round today as we've been to pick up a new car this afternoon. I think we are all guilty of having stuff that we mean to do and it gets left again and again, maybe one day. Christmas shouldn't be stressful but it certainly can be when you've got everything to organise. Try to take it easy if you can. Wishing you a very happy woyww Christmas. Angela x11x

Crafting With Jack said...

I hope your IBS settles before Christmas. Will you be going to the midnight service? I am hoping my back will be okay. We go to my son’s Christmas Eve and I leave for church from there. Wishing a merry Christmas. Happy WOYWW. Angela #18

Anne said...

Oh dear, hope you soon feel better, it is something that I suffer from. Just wanted to say Happy Christmas- hope you can enjoy the festivities.
Anne x 15

Robyn said...

feeling majorly inspirited by the bible journaling- dare I make a resolution? enjoy what you can and see you in the new year! robyn 4

My name is Cindy said...

Hope your IBS settles soon BJ, that is not fun. Seems like I should have sent you a gnome card!1 Love your new obsession, they are all socharacterful. Merry Christmas, love n hugs Cindyxx #10

Diana Taylor said...

Your gnomes are so cute - each one a real character. I do hope you are feeling better soon - I know how awful IBS can be. I hope you have a lovely Christmas and enjoy the precious time you have with your son.
Hugs, Diana xx #12