About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 13 December 2023

WOYWW #758 - What a Week! Advent in Full Swing.

A million apologies for not managing to visit last week. My osteopath appointment knocked me for 6 and it was quite a struggle to do my advent challenges and cards let alone anything else! Next appointment is tomorrow and I hope it isn't as painful as the last one.

Here's my desk yesterday set up for painting Mr Advent Gnome for the Holy Days...

The past week's Gnomes have included:-

Mr "Bethlehem" Gnome - as prophesied in the Old Testament (OT)

Mr "Good Shepherd" Gnome - OT

Mr "Out of Darkness" Gnome - OT

Mr "Zechariah" Gnome (John the Baptist's father New Testament (NT), who was struck mute until the birth of his son)

Mr "John the Baptist" Gnome - OT

Mr "God With Us" Gnome - OT

Mr "Gift of God" Gnome - or Hamish McTavish as I think he has a Scottish vibe. Had to break out my mini Bible for this one so good job it was in the the NT.

The painting doesn't take too long, printables to trace are provided free and there is a super video and devotional to paint along to at Devotion in Action.

The 12 Tags of Christmas, on the other hand, are a labour of love and take AGES! 

There is a bonus one today, so 13 in all and I have been putting them on my stair garlands. I think an extra post is required for all of those. However I have managed to put them on facebook daily so I think some of you may have seen them.

Any way there are extras too so here's a couple of those. 

A decoration and a little gift box.

Then thought it about time I jumped on the Christmas Card wagon!! So had an epic few days doing those too, phew! I was inspired by a post from Felix the Crafty Cat, thanks Angela your post really helped me.



On Thursday I received my parcel from Tracy @ Whimsical Designs, I shed happy tears as I opened it. I can't share the contents as I think my friend might see before Christmas, so another post pending.... Here's the box they came in though.

I had the funeral of my next door neighbour on Monday and her daughter brought some of the orchids round yesterday. 

I managed to do my Scripture52 card this week as well. Oh my!

Been quite a week.

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

8 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Wow, you have had a busy week! The painted gnomes are super cute, love all the different colours you’ve used and that paper bauble is very beautiful, I admire your patience in constructing that!
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

Mary Anne said...

Oh a Tracy package is well worth tears of joy. Lovely designs for sure. I've not seen the 12 Tags but having done a few in the past I know what you mean. Always a challenge to make them with stuff you have and still like them in the end LOL! Your gnomes are quite adorable. That project is going to be fab when finished.
Happy holiday WOYWW!
Mary Anne (2)

Crafting With Jack said...

Great Bible pages. The gnomes are very cute your gift handbag is lively. I did like the 12 Tags of Christmas, but so many other things going on at the moment. I liked the super size of them too. Happy WOYWW. Angela #3

Helen said...

goodness you did a lot! the advent gnomes are fabulous. hope the osteopath appointment tomorrow is ok and doesn't knock you sideways again. Happy WOYWW Helen #4

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I don't know how you do it getting so much done. Brilliant pages again. I am well impressed with your cards and so pleased to have been of help. I can't wait to see what's in the box! Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x10x

Sarah Brennan said...

You have certainly had a busy week BJ. I have been loving your gnomes in particular again on FB this week. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

Neet said...

I absolutely adore your Advent Gnomes. Did you freehand draw and paint them yourself? You have been busy in the crafting world this past week and I am in awe of all you have achieved. Well done BJ!
I love that box - what a cute character on the side.
Hugs, Neet xx7

Susan Renshaw said...

What a lot to see this week! Love the gnomes! Happy WOYWW! Susan #5