About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 21 June 2023

WOYWW #733 - Three Fans!

Oh my really struggling with this heat! I was positively glistening last night at dancing - they even got all 4 of their fans out, and I still needed to stand outside with my little hand held fan. 

I have 3 fans in my room. The big square one under my desk I put on the stool in front of my window of an evening to try to get as much cool in as I possibly can before bed. 


The round white one is usually oscillating 24/7 and the black hand help one on my desk is a God send, I have 2 of those now!

My first page for my next scrapbook album is still sitting on my desk pending... and there is a book someone gave me at church last week. They thought I'd like it although I'm not one for reading books I have to say.

I did a Bible Journalling watercolour from the new Devotion in Action series I mentioned last week. Good to get the watercolours out again.

On Sunday, I quickly made a tag to go on the present I had from my son to his Dad before church. 


I helped with the kids for the first time at church and did my scripture card when I got home. 

No pocket this week - eeeekkkk!

Homage to my Dad as well as my heavenly Father. Abba Father.


I remembered my Dad fondly as it was the day he died 25 years ago, extra sad when the anniversary falls on Father's Day but I managed not to cry this year surprisingly.




Happy WOYWW Everyone.

12 comments:

Helen said...

A bitter sweet Father's Day for you, but some great scripture cards. I bet you can't wait for the end to the heat, but I see next week is edging higher. not good! Happy WOYWW Helen #2

Sarah Brennan said...

Sorry the heat is getting to you so much BJ. Looks like you have everything well organised though. A sad anniversary indeed. Loving the scripture cards. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Anne said...

Hi. Dislike the heat. Just purchased a new fan. My father died on 4th June - so the anniversary of his death always near to Father's Day. Our youngest son visited for FD and we will see the older one next weekend, he did ring though.
Stay cool.
Anne x 12

Neet said...

Today is a year since I lost my best crafting friend. I do miss her.
I know what you mean about this heat. We bought a Tower last year and it was really effective, this year it doesn't seem to be so. At night we have a ceiling fan and the tower blowing, It's cold in the morning but not so when we first go to bed.
That is a lovely page (Timothy) in your Bible. Watercolours obviously work well.
Hugs, Neet 4 xx

My name is Cindy said...

Hi there BJ, sorry to hear you are suffering with the heat- I don’t think I could cope with that many fans! I agree it has gone straight to horrible muggy heat but I can’t bear to be cold so for me it’s preferable to endless winter!! Love your cards. Have a great week, love n hugs, Cindyxx #13

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I couldn't live without my A/C. I have a box window fan that I use in spring. I turn it around during the heat of the day and remove the hot air. When the sun goes down, I turn it around and bring the cooler air in. I decided I was just wasting electricity and turned my A/C on instead.

So sorry to read about your father dying on Father's Day. It seldom gets easier, that's for sure.

Just lovely prayer cards this week. I love the collage elements and the dots of gold around the outside of the first one. Happy WOYWW from # 1.

Lindart said...

How sad that Father's Day is the anniversary of your Father's passing. Mine is today, the first day of summer, 22 years ago. He passed in my arms in the driveway of his home, now our home. Your cards are lovely, and I love the watercolour of the girl. Have a great week, Lindart #16

Crafting With Jack said...

Love your watercolour and your scripture cards. A sad memory for Father’s Day.. today has been cooler here so hope it’s been better for you. Happy WOYWW. Angela #14

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi BJ. I'm having a quick trip round now I'm back from thr show. Great projects. Wishing you a happy belated woyww, Angela x11x

Mary Anne said...

Your cards are lovely. So sad you have to cope with your Dad's loss on Father's day. Bittersweet indeed. One tip on the heat - last year when it was sooooooo hot, I started a regime that helped. As soon as the temp outside began to rise, I shut all the windows and taped black paper over the windows that did not have room-darkening blinds. I kept the windows shut and the house dark till the evening when the temp outside dropped to below the inside temp. I kept the fans running all day, and once I opened the windows I put one pointing IN and one pointing out, where possible on opposite sides of the house. Those days when it was over 32 outside, the house temp (downstairs anyway) never rose about 24, and for MOST days it was more like 22. Uncomfortable but not unbearable. You can also put a bowl of ice in front of a fan :) We did have a AC unit, but it was keeping the computers in the server room cool, not the people in the rest of the house. DOH!
Hopefully it will cool down again soon for you!
Happy (late, cause I was knitting) WOYWW!
Mary Anne (5)

Marit said...

So you had a lot of heat where you live too? It's tropical temperatures in the Netherlands as well, on Sunday it will be over 30 degrees Celcius again and I can't stand it either! Fans do help, but only a bit... hope your weekend will be nice and cool!!! And thanks so much for stopping at my blog the other day, I'm a bit late with paying you a visit back... I thought I'd wait 'till morning to visit blogs as it's cooler in my atelier then... Hugs from Holland, Marit #15

Julia Dunnit said...

Gosh I'm sorry the heat has you suffering so, I just love it and if anything, sleep better, lucky I know! Mothers and Fathers days go by here largely unremarked, anniversaries are hard enough aren't they, without the world forcing reminders on you...a difficult day for you. I like your pocketless card!