About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 22 December 2021

WOYWW#655 - Happy Christmas Everyone

Desk as usual so no point showing you all! 

Doing my Husband's Summer Birthday page on my Son's Winter birthday is one thing, but the next lot of photos were of his friend's funeral.

Needless to say scrapping in floods of tears isn't very easy at all.

Owen used to pop round on my son's birthday and even in Covid times they had chatted through the window. But not this year, so sad.

My Welsh Duolingo keeps asking me to translate, "Goodbye Owen", so there we have it "Hwyl Owen"

Son did the Covid, sideways gentle blow out of the candles, even if it is just the 3 of us.


Hope you all have a lovely Christmas.


Happy WOYWW Everyone.



11 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh BJ, it’s the smallest things that can pierce the most…Hwyl Owen, so sad that he was so young. Big hugs. It just makes me aware that I have to hug my Owen all the more.
Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda i ti
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

Sarah Brennan said...

SUch a sad page BJ. RIP Owen. Hope your son had a good birthday. Merry Christmas, stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Neet said...

Didn't realise Owen was a young man, so sad when things like this happen. Hope your son was able to put it to the back of his mind for a short while and enjoy his birthday.
It always seems worse at this time of year to hear of a passing.
BJ, hope you and the family can have a nice Christmas
Hugs, Neet xx

Helen said...

Such a sad page but important to record the memories xx take care stay safe and happy Christmas xx Helen #2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Always great to see your journal pages although some of them are rather sad this time. Lovely to see your son at home for his birthday too. Wishing you a very happy woyww Christmas. Hugs Angela x11x

Diana Taylor said...

Oh BJ that's so sad for such a young lad, but so important to keep the memories alive. I hope your son had a good birthday, and I hope you have a happy and peaceful Christmas. Stay safe and well,
Diana xx #12

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Wow, your hair is so long - I don't think I could work with photos on such a sad occasion - photos are supposed to capture our happiest moments - but you're right, of course, it's part of life just the same. Good thinking with the Covid-safe candle blow. We normally do that so we don't blow the icing sugar off the top LOL. Wishing the three of you a wonderful Christmas together! xx zsuzsa #21

Elizabeth said...

So sad, BJ, to lose a friend at any time but so near Christmas makes all the sadder. I think I waited several months before I could scrap photos of brother and I still haven't made any pages of the two aunts and one cousin I've lost in this last awful year. I see that your son is now 23. Where, indeed, do the years go! Have a great week and Merry Christmas to the three if you. Elizabeth x #22

Julia Dunnit said...

Ah, scrapping really does take you through the highs and lows doesnt it, and it takes nothing to set you off when you look back, particularly with something so desperately mis-timed and sad. The photo of your son and his birthday cake was a shock…man he’s so grown up, it doesn’t seem very long ago that we were talking about him going to Uni! Have a very happy and peaceful Christmas.

Marit said...

Death is part of life and I remember how difficult but yet therapeutic it was to make pages with these events... and yes, tears are part of that too. You did make a beautiful layout! And I love the 'Covid-way of blowing'. I wish you and all your loved ones Merry Christmas and a wonderful, healthy and creative New Year! Love from Holland, Marit #14

Crafting With Jack said...

Wishing you a very happy Christmas Angela #17