About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 8 December 2021

WOYWW#653 - Sewing & Cards

OK I little confession, I had done some crafting last week but it was AFTER I'd scheduled my post and in the wee hours. So much so I'd forgotten and thought the elves had been at my desk when I saw it in the morning!

Anyway, today a busy desk (well just before I cleared up to write this). I finally recovered my ear muffs. Honestly the old black ones were well over 25yrs old, so now I have purple ones with blue inside on the black frame. My ears really hate the cold so about time.

I also took in some new joggers I'd bought. Really hate it when my size is the one in between the 2 size band they use. Really useful that the elastic was only sewn on the seam, taken about 2" out and run down the back seam accordingly. My hips have always outstripped my waist - hmmm. Sorted

So to last week. Cards for Angels, Angel journal page, 20 Upcycled Chrimbo cards made and 2 ATCs. I used all stuff re-found in my Christmas file. 


Upcycled as I used old cards from which I die cut sections, a picture from a calendar, and even some tissue box penguins which had caught my eye some years ago. I also found some Christmas papers. All done and posted.





Oh and the icing on the cake my son had an interview today and was offered the job within hours. He'll be moving to Cambridge in the new year now, sob sob, he needs to find a house yet...Oh my all go - literally.



Happy WOYWW Everyone.


12 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Angels everywhere! I do like the cards you made very much especially the doily angel, that works so well. I upcycled a few cards too this year, too nice to just throw and I don’t tend to keep most cards, I’m not a hoarder by nature!
Hugs LLJ 5 xx

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

I love the idea of upcycling the Christmas cards like that! It's like ready-made toppers and they work really well like that. Something for me to consider if I ever start making my own cards! The angel journal looks lovey too along with the ATCs. Happy #653! xx zsuzsa #14

Helen said...

Great cards , well done recycling. Congrats to your son even though you'll miss him. You sound as if you've been very industrious xx Helen x#1

Ali Wade Designs said...

Happy WOYWW. So many wonderful Christmas makes. I remember that penguin. Think I have him in my Christmas box too. Ali x #17

Sarah Brennan said...

Loving the plethora or should I say host of angels BJ. You have been busy in all areas. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Lynnecrafts said...

Cute penguins! You have been busy, especially when I see your achievements on Duolingo!
Good for your boy to get a job in these tough times.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 11

Neet said...

Congrats to your son on his new job, even if he is leaving home. It will be a wrench but it will be extra special when he comes to visit.
Lovely selection of Christmas cards, I love your angel cards especially.
Happy Days
Hugs, Neet 3 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great card collection and so many angels! Always love to see some recycling too. Well done to your son too with his new job. Have a lovely creative woyww, Angela x10x

Crafting With Jack said...

Fabulous cards and journal page. Congratulations to your son with his new job. Happy WOYWW Angela #15

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh how fab for the boy, the world is opening up! Cambridge is a lovely place to be, I hope he’ll be happy. Lovely Angels on the cards, they look so nice against the gold layer too. You’ve been very busy I must say!

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations to your so, BJ. He must have impressed them. Your cards are all lovely. I recycle too. I always think the cards I receive are far too nice to bin so I make new cards from old. Good luck for your son's house search. Hugs, Elizabeth x #16

Spyder said...

I think I've had a few elves invade my work place this week...can't get in the door! Fabulous recycling going on! And well done to your son. Love the angel cards. Stay Safe, keep crafting. Happy very late WOYWW!? ((Lyn))#13