About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 29 December 2021

WOYWW #656 - All Quiet Here.

No crafting here but I do have this beauty on the go. 

My son knows just what I like.

He also made us an origami Polar Bear instead of a card this year.

I got hold of some essentials, didn't realise that Stix2 made refills for the ATG, that is worth knowing and easily obtainable direct from them - on-line of course.








Deep into the Hebrew with my new books and Duolingo of course with a splash of Welsh to keep my points up.

Oh and the poinsettia didn't last well... thought it was funny but I did get some Christmas flowers to take the spot...phew!


Happy WOYWW Everyone




13 comments:

Helen said...

shame about the poinsettia; but I love the origami card and that is a fab jigsaw. Happy New Year. Helen #1

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That is a cracking puzzle, great colours and something a bit different! I love the origami bear too, my boys do things like that, we are blessed with our sons eh?
Wishing you a happy and healthy 2022, Blwyddyn Newydd Dd!
Hugs LLJ 2 xxx

Lindart said...

Love the polar bear! He's very talented! Isn't it funny how we take a beautiful but very dangerous animal like the polar bear and make it cute and heart-warming? It would eat us in a second! LOL! Too bad about the Poinsettia, but glad you got replacement flowers! I wish you all the best for 2022, and hope that it will be better than the last 2 years we've had! Lindart #23

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I never have a lot of luck with Poinsettia but my friend seems to know how to keep them and often has a good show for months. Great collection of new crafty stuff and the polar bear is brilliant. Happy crafty woyww and hoping for a better New Year. Hugs, Angela x9x

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

That puzzle sure looks fun and it shouldn't be too hard. The last one I completed was that circular one of the earth and I sure struggled with it! Cute polar bear! Have fun learning your languages - if I had to choose, I would learn Italian - it's such a passionate language! Wishing you a lovely new year! Arriverderci! xx zsuzsa #21

Lynnecrafts said...

What a lovely polar bear card! I don’t dare have poinsettias- I think they’re toxic to cats - but they are lovely while they last.
Happy new year
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 12

Julia Dunnit said...

pretty quiet here too, not a bad situation, huh! Glad you found some ATG tape, It is such a convenient tool isn’t it! Pretty sure that Shoshi has Hebrew in her skill set too, the impressive thing isn’t just a new language, it’s another alphabet, just at an age where we women are told that learning is harder….so you go girl!

Sarah Brennan said...

Love the origami polar bear BJ. Have fun with the jigsaw. Here's to a better 2022. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #6

Anne said...

Love the bear. My poinsettias are surviving but losing a few leaves now :-( my S.I.L. kept one from last year and it has started to turn red!
Happy New Year. Anne x 18

Heather M said...

Hi BJ, love the polar bear - clever son! I had a jigsaw on the go for 8 years, and finally boxed it back up (unfinished) so my husband could use the jigsaw mat for his puzzle. Maybe I'll attempt it in years to come - it is really dark, all black and purple so very hard to see the pieces clearly. I've never had any luck with poinsettias so don't bother with them now. I buy my ATG refills in bulk, but can't for the life of me remember where from! Have a lovely New year, hugs Heather xx #10

Stacy Sheldon said...

I am so impressed with the folded Polar bear, that is so cool :)
Happy New Years BJ! :) ~Stacy #24

craftyani said...

Try planting your poinsettia outside don't give up on it.
Mine was planted in the garden years ago and now is a lovely Bush. Ani 22

Crafting With Jack said...

My Poinsettia almost made it to Christmas Day! Love your origami polar bear. That is an unusual puzzle, my husband is the jigsaw person, he has one on the go now. Wishing you a happy New Year Angela #15