About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 29 September 2021

WOYWW - #643 - Left-Handed Crafting etc.

I survived! Still pretty much one handed but learning how to do stuff bit by bit. 

So this is my left-handed crafting table. Cuttlebug turned round and I can use it ok. Push the plates in with my hip whilst turning handle with left hand. 



My scissors seem to work OK in my left hand and my trimmer is good as well. 

Good job I'm happy with simple scrapping - photos trimmed and arranged, title and minimal embellishments. 

Will write the stories/journalling when my right hand has recovered methinks.


Then there is the jigsaw desk in the conservatory. Finished that on Sunday, quite delightful.





For the record, bread, cheese and salad cut using left hand. I can steady stuff with my right but that's about it. Am typing a bit with right now - YAY.







And last but certainly not least my surgeon's handiwork with a needle and thread! My dressing was all but fallen off on Monday so I had to redress it. Bit scary but then again I did have a peak mid-procedure last week and also after the stitches were in so I was sort of prepared.


PS The one on my desk as I just stuck it....

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

10 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

The wound looks nice and neat and seems to be healing well - glad it’s all gone well. What a beautiful light ti di jigsaws in, the perfect spot especially when you have all those tones of blue!!
Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

Julia Dunnit said...

You’re doing well, and that wound looks good, dry and clean! My very faint scars are also in a natural crease in my hands, the surgeons do think of these things don’t they. Glad to see you’ve managed some scrapping, doesn’t look basic to me, I must say!

Crafting With Jack said...

Glad you are recovering well. The jigsaw is fabulous. That is good about the scissors, I thought they didn’t cut with the other hand. Great scrapbook pages. Have a great week Angela #7

Helen said...

Glad the scar seems to be healing nicely and you can do bits and pieces! Love the layouts . Helen #2

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Ouch I didn't need to see that LOL! Glad all went well and it's amazing that you can still do creative things with your left hand! I'm not sure I would even try. Well perhaps the jigsaw puzzle - I could manage that. Is that one of those foiled ones from the Works? I started doing one at the end of last winter - got about 3/4 of the way and left the hard bits until later. Stashed it under the bed for now. Have a lovely week and speedy recovery! xx zsuzsa #21

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

That is one serious wound but looks as though it is healing well. I only have problems with mine if I spend too much time on the mouse mat but then it goes off again. I know the operation works well but I'm trying to manage it without the op. and now I'm not teaching any more I can rest it when I need to. Looks like you're managing to do some crafting but do take care. Have a lovely gentle creative woyww, Angela x14x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi BJ, yes one handed can create ingenuity to do things A DIFFERENT WAY! Well on cutting and cuttle-bugging with left hand that truly is an achievement. l do kniw how hard it is, not a bad excision or cut, as yours - in my case I smashed the radius on right arm with an I,packed fracture, and 8 weeks in plaster, and plaster was to finger tips as fracture was low in radius and they didn’t want me using my hand at all. It was a pain, literally.
I love that jigsaw though, it’s such a stunner and you wouldn’t want to break it up in a hurry as it’s so cheery, I’m impressed with your scrapping. Praying Gods healing upon that wound it looks good so far.
Thanks for Sharing, God bless and keep you safe, and all those you love, prayer hugs Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Sarah Brennan said...

So good to see you are making progress after your op BJ. Hope it won't be too long before the stitches are out and you can do more with your right hand. Good for you managing so much with your left hand. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

craftyani said...

It's amazing what you can do with one hand. Fortunately I am ambidextrous, when I was at infant school I wrote with my left hand and was told off and to put the pencil in my right hand. Lots of things I still do lefthanded. Hope you are recovering. Ani

Caro said...

I am so impressed with what you are managing to do with your left hand only! The stitches look nice and neat - hope you recover soon. Happy belated WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#16)