About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 10 March 2021

WOYWW #614 - Jan/Feb 2020 nearly in the bag.

I'm writing this Tuesday afternoon as I'm taking my husband for his vaccination tomorrow morning. I got my "letter" yesterday but haven't made my appointment yet. Husband's leaflet was entitled, "A Guide for OLDER Adults", mine is just for Adults - LOL. Jury still out on whether I have mine as I'm severely emetophobic so taking ANYTHING new is a real struggle for me, including food and drink as well as medication. Hmmmm???

Anyway to the desk, as the title says I have nearly got January AND February scrapped. So on my desk is just the second February page (pink page) but I can't decide on a title. It's of 2 different geocaching days. One where we went back to the area where we got our New Year's Day cache (top left of red page). I didn't feel well the first time so we'd just got one and gone home. The other day was our Leap Day Cache. 

I grouped January's photos into types so there's Caching and Cycling of Me and Husband, when son was at Uni (red page above). Then Son going back to Uni (and as we now know that was the LAST time as he was in his final year - blue page). And me dying hair getting new glasses and finding a note left by my son under the Christmas jigsaw he'd got me. (purple page). Yes loving my new coloured card.


My other February page is from my birthday party last year. It rather went through an iterative process. I tend to crop my photos first and try to assemble on the 12x12 page, then choose card/papers for the backing. Photos seem to get cropped more and more till they fit.... The 8x8 backing paper I ended up using was the last of a Christmas set which was rather whimsical and one of my favourite colours.


Anyway that's me started on my scrapping journey for 2020.

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

16 comments:

Lynn Holland said...

Wishing hubby well with his vaccine. We’ve both had ours and it was a big thing for me to have mine as I react to anything other than paracetamol or ibuprofen, but all went well and I have no fears for having the second one.
It’s lovely to see more of your photo collages, what fabulous memories.
Take care
Lynn xx 17

De serendipity said...

Hope all goes well for your DH as he gets the jab. Looks like you have been super busy creating the lovely LO
Have a great week.
Sandra de @20

Lunch Lady Jan said...

At 59, I guess I’ll be getting the Older Adult leaflet too as and when I get my jab! I haven’t heard of anyone being sick after the jabs and Lynn’s experience above points to a good outcome. The photos are rather fun, you’re doing well piling through them.
HUgs LLJ 9 xxx

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

I've never heard the word emetophobia so had to look it up. How interesting, however the jab doesn't make you sick, so I don't think you have anything to fear. I'm still waiting for my invite too and hubs getting his on Saturday - we're on different sides of 55! Love your layouts - when I still scrapbooked - I also put lots of photos on one page - seems a bit wasteful to just use one - plus you would never get all your photos scrapped that way! Happy WOYWW! zsuzsa #24

Lisa-Jane said...

I love the way your page ended up and the soft purple is a perfect match for your hair too! I have a friend who is emetophobic, as are her boys. She was in the earlier cohort because of her rare type of auto immune / arthritis type thing and she is also an emergency care opthamologist so right in people's faces. She was absolutely fine, no sickness and no fear of it either because it's not one of the normal effects. I hope you can get it done without any issues. As always, stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #8

Sarah Brennan said...

Glad you have been offered the vaccine now BJ. I do hope you can have it. Love the latest pages - you are on a roll. Good to see the stages a page goes through before the final layout. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Julia Dunnit said...

It probably doesn’t help at all, but I don’t know of a single person to experience nausea or worse as a side effect of the jab, and blimey, I’ve listened to a lot of people moaning about side effects...it’s been a bit like one up-manship on Faceboook!! I really hope you can have the vaccinations, it’s such a risk reducer. You’ve started super well on 2020, that’s a lot of photos used already and great pages! I know you tell us the stories as the pages appear, but do you write them down on the LOs as well? a prolly on the back? Or do you hidden journaling? a forgive me...I’m probably repeating a question I ask every time you publish pages!! I love the note under the puzzle...how ☺️ lovely.

Helen said...

I love your layouts - what a wonderful set! You'll be up to date before you know it - hope we can get out soon so you can build up another supply of photos! I hope you can have your vaccine - like Julia I haven't heard of nausea as a side effect . Helen #3

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Your LO's really are a treasure BJ, i;d love to scrap but I struggle finding to to do what I do without adding anything else into the mix, so that's why it's extra special to see people doing those things I don't. Good luck to hubby with his vaccine & I do hope you decide to have yours, need to keep you safe.
Tracey #15

Felicia said...

BJ, you and your family ALWAYS look like you have so much fun in your photos! Biking would be a gas to go geocaching! I have never really geocached but once, but would love to do that when I have more time. There are several geocache spots in the state parks that I like to camp in so that's my best shot!!! Maybe I will give it a shot this year!! Blessings to you! :) Felicia #31

Crafts in the Command Center said...

I love your pages with lots of photos! I don't know how some people only scrapbook one photo on a page - that would take me forever. Have a great week. Dorlene #34

Susan Renshaw said...

What a lovely set of LOs!
Good luck with the jabs...
Stay safe and keep well.
Happy WOYWW!
Susan #6

Crafting With Jack said...

I tend to react to things too. Apart from a very sleepless hot night and extremely tired the next day it wasn’t too bad. Not looking forward to the second jab though. Your layouts are lovely. I haven’t done any in quite a while. Have a great week Angela #21

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi BJ. Emetophobic is the fear of vomiting or seeing other people vomit I believe so the vaccine shouldn't be a problem as it doesn't cause this. Everyone I know seems to have found it okay so I shouldn't worry too much. I think the fear of getting really ill with covid is far worse. My mother was in hospital for eight weeks and my father died from it so you can guess what my advice would be. Loving your scrapbook pages they photographs are lovely. Have a good though belated woyww, Angela x19x

Shoshi said...

Lots of great layouts this week, BJ, with plenty of happy photos.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #12

Caro said...

I love the layouts this week. I hope your hubbies vaccine went OK. I have my vaccine booked for Thursday due to my heart condition. Happy belated WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#18)