About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 31 January 2018

WOYWW #452 - Hat and Photo

I actually made the 270 mile round trip to my Uncle's Funeral in Birmingham (I live in Surrey) so on my desk is my funeral hat (was bought for a wedding originally but has been to numerous funerals since) and the photo my cousin produced of me aged 5yrs in 1969. Also a quickly drawn family tree, so nice to meet up with family again.

  

I received my ATC SWAP from another desker Cindy and she enclosed a spare WOYWW5 ATC too - LOL. Double Delight.

I made a second ATC SWAP as "fairy" for one member who was unable to do one this month. I also made the cat card.

 


Oh and a couple of scrapbook pages. One to end my 13th album and the other to start my 14th.

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

  PS It is a Blue Moon today.

13 comments:

sandra de said...

Great to have a hat that can cover a number of occasions. Love the LO and quite impressed that you are starting your 14th album. Well done.
sandra de @20

Claire said...

Always so inspiring to visit your desk!!
Happy WOYWW :)
no. 4

Sarah Brennan said...

That's an impressive amount of scrapbook albums BJ. Love the ATCs and the layouts. Have a relaxing week after your long drive. Sarah #12

glitterandglue said...

Morning BJ. Glad you managed to make the journey for the funeral. A Faye Whitaker embroidery - gorgeous - I have done a couple as well - her images are just lovely! Well done on the really busy week. Feet up time??
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #1

Helen said...

Great hat. Happy WOYWW Helen #2

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi BJ, saw the photo of you- how awesome. You weren't all that far from us then, we are only 16 miles from Birmingham.Great scrapbook pages and ATC's. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 XxX

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I'm glad the funeral and travelling went ok, your hat is very fine indeed!
Hugs LLJ 11 xxx

Sandy Trefger said...

So sad to have to travel for a funeral. My condolences to your and your family. Love your hat. It looks quite a lot like one my Mother owned that I do believe is in my closet now.

Have a great day!! ~Sandy from Texas #31

Felicia said...

BJ, so sorry for your loss! Love your hat, but sorry you had such an occasion to wear it! Blessings for peace during this time. I really like your scrap pages, too cute! I also love your swap goodies. I haven't entered a swap this year, I kind of miss doing that! Maybe I should reconsider, they are great fun! Blessings for the rest of your week! Felicia #29

Crafty Little Miss K said...

Finally hopped back on the WOYWW wagon. I always come to your blog first BJ. Love your scrapbook layouts. As soon as I can clear my sewing table I'll be scrapping along with you xx Karen#36

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving the scrapbook layouts but most of all your hat. I'm a bit of a collector of hats though don't get chance to wear them too often. Have a lovely woyww and happy crafty week, Angela xXx

buterfliecrafter said...

it is so sad that someone needs to die for family to get togheter dont you think? have fun creating your 14th scrapbook, happy belated WOYWW Vicky#10

Julia Dunnit said...

You’ve been busy! Love the ATCs again, these swaps certainly get you involved don’t they. Nice to be a fairy swapper too, very kind to take the weight of someone for a turn. visiting my Mum in Farnham is a 110 mile round trip for me a couple of times a week, it’s amazing how quickly they add up isn’t.