About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of Watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Faith/Art Journaling too. I've challenged myself to make an art journal page a day for this my 60th year. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing. I also like walking/Geocaching and sometimes do a bit of Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I have been learning to play the harp for the past 10yrs. I am now officially retired. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 18 September 2024

WOYWW #798 - Struggling

Having a bit of a week....! 

Here's my desk on Tuesday afternoon just before I packed it away to write my post...

I started a new Wednesday morning Church group last week and sat in the same place for over 2 hours! 

Harp image from Fussy Cut Freebies and a printed scripture verse I'd had for ages about the harp.

Thursday I used a printable from Etched by Faith. I'd missed dancing last week so maybe I was yearning for it.

I was fine on Thursday in the day, however, the extended sitting on Wednesday probably lead to my back giving out after badminton! I hardly slept as a result....Oh my!

Friday I had a huge amount of issues with my back!

Then a different flare up, for which I'm still waiting for the GP to approve my repeat prescription request as I found my current tube of ointment is now out of date.

Friday's page reflects how I felt Friday.

Saturday I remembered Devotion in Action had a new water colour up, so I followed that.

My son and his friend returned from Japan early evening and stayed overnight Saturday which added to my anxiety. 

He did bring me a Japanese news paper to use in my crafting and the coin is a 1 Yen.



I didn't go to church Sunday due to the visitors and was really sad after they left late morning.

The butterflies were a tutorial from Instagram.

Monday I had my annual appointment at the hospital which didn't go to plan, consequently I went into meltdown....

In the evening I followed a You Tube tutorial from Jenna Burne which was mainly black which was how I was feeling but surprisingly this was what I came up with.

The word refers to plants of the Umbellifer family. Only now, after looking it up, have I realised my flower heads do indeed resemble plants in this genre.

Yesterday I pretty much stayed in my room sleeping and crafting.

I journaled all my sadness all over my pages then sploshed some acrylic paint on top. Then the BLACK Distress ink came out.....

I've got the dentist tomorrow, really hoping that goes OK.

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

8 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve had such a trying week, doesn’t it always seem that these trials happen together? Hope you’re finding the crafting cathartic, it really seems to help if you keep your hands busy.
Hugs LLJ 5 xx

Mary Anne said...

Oh my - it does sound like you've had a time of it for sure. Hopefully working in your journals will have helped you a bit. Getting it all out on that page would at least clear your mind a bit. On a brighter note, UMbelievable did make me smile. And fingers crossed for the dentist all going well. Something has to go your way, right? Bug hugs as I scoot round before knitting WOYWW!
Mary Anne (4)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Sorry to hear you're still having problems with your back. You really sound a bit down this week and hope things star to get better for you soon. Take care and hope you have a better woyww, Angela x6x

Helen said...

What a bad week you've had , health wise. Hope things are improving now . Some great art though xx Helen #2 happy woyww

Crafting With Jack said...

Sorry to hear how your week has been. Two hours sitting in a church pew was a bad start to the week. No wonder you had a bad back, I do hope it’s more comfortable now. Were you listening to someone speak for two hours? A long time. Happy WOYWW. Angela #14

Diana Taylor said...

So sorry to hear you've had such a difficult week - I find crafting helps me a lot and it looks like you are really benefiting from getting stuck in to it - your pages are beautiful - I love the Umbellifer flowers, they are so happy and uplifting. I hope your back is on the mend - I think I would seize up after 2 hours in the same position too.
Hope you have a better week than the last one,
Hugs, Diana xx #13

Lynnecrafts said...

So sorry to read you’ve had a bad week but it’s good that the crafting helps a little. I hope your dental appointment went well.
Take care and happy WOYWW
hugs
Lynnecrafts 9 xx

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Sorry to hear that you have had such a tough week. I hope that your crafting has helped you get though a little. I always enjoy to seeing all your creativity. Take care - happy WOYWW - Michelle #15 x