About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of Watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Faith/Art Journaling too. I've challenged myself to make an art journal page a day for this my 60th year. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing. I also like walking/Geocaching and sometimes do a bit of Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I have been learning to play the harp for the past 10yrs. I am now officially retired. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 4 September 2024

WOYWW #796 - Hello September

Here's my desk last night when I had "half" tidied up after doing my daily journal page.

I made a little 5 signature journal for September using one of my favourite magazine covers for the cover. I'm planning to get back into Faith/Bible Journaling for this month.

I used papers from a little notebook I got at the Scout Book sale and watched a YouTube video to see how multiple signatures were sewn.

It was a bit wonky so I sewed the cover on anyways...

Here are my first 3 pages.

Pink as I just wanted to do pink after all the steampunk last month!


I did this page during church's on-line prayer meeting. The word revival came to me just before our pastor quoted a song about revival so it was pretty poignant for me.


Yesterday's page is very Casey Turner-esque. I love her style and it just flowed out of me.

The psalm was from the prayer meeting the previous day as it hadn't gone with that page so I had just written it out on this page.



Our last week of witnesses in the Bible was on Joseph in the Old Testament. Great to have lots of space to fit the larger size in.


September's Faith Inspirations and Bible Journaling Ministries pages.

Proverbs 27:17 - Iron sharpens iron

and

the book of Esther



And the end of my Steampunk journal for August.

A tag with more images from I Love Paper Digital & AI



The last 2 pages with images from Fussy Cuts Freebies. I went to town with the last page using the image as a jumping off point and trying my best to copy it with acrylic paint.

I hadn't really realised these freebie images are mainly AI, only something I became aware of when showing my son my journal and him exclaiming AI, AI, AI... Hmmmm!

Hence the return to my own creations this month.

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

11 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

How funny that your son was so dismissive of the images being AI, my two boys are exactly the same and you’d have thought that they’d have embraced the whole thing but most definitely not! Like your little sewn book, it looked very neat and put together.
Hugs LLJ 5 xx

Mary Anne said...

I did my Sept and Oct daily journals and one was covered with the packaging from a gel plate. It was far too pretty to waste - look back and you'll see it. I love using up "found" art when it is just too pretty to toss in the bin! And while I like some AI, some of it is just weird. I always like your own art tho' :D
A quick dash before knitting
Happy desk-hop day!
Mary Anne (3)

Crafting With Jack said...

Generally speaking I find AI art “hard and unreal”. That hasn’t stopped me downloading a few for backgrounds and also a few images that did appeal. Gecko Galz seems to have gone that way too. I have won so many of their generous prizes over the years, that I feel I ought to support them by participating.
Your pages are all great, I particularly like the Casey Turner style on and the one above, love those colours. Happy WOYWW. Angela #13

Helen said...

AI maybe but they look OK. I don't do any digital art though . Thanks for visiting. Happy woyww Helen #2

Neet said...

I cannot do digital art, wish I could in some ways, but I can admire the stuff people do.
Love your 'revival' page, what a fabulouos background to show the wording off on.
Again your Bible Journaling is my favourite. Do you do the figures free hand or are they done in some other way? I just cannot get over how beautiful they are.
Hugs, Neet 12 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I don't know how you do it getting so much done in a week, I'm well impressed. Even praying doesn't stop you. I'm not really in to digital art of this sort but it looks good to me. Have a good woyww, hugs Angela x12x

Twiglet said...

Your little book is lovely. Always so nice to have something handmade to work in. The tags are fab
.x x Jo 🌈

Lisa-Jane said...

Goodness you have been busy!! Those final steam punk pieces are stunning and I say that as someone who is not a fan of it normally. I loved the rainbow effect on the revival page - very joyous! Best wishes, Lisa-Jane #11 https://www.prettymypage.co.uk

Sarah Brennan said...

I always enjoy seeing the variety of projects you have been working on BJ. Loving the new journal pages for September. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW, Sarah

Lindart said...

Love your new journal, 5 sigs is a lot! Your starting pages are all lovely, but I think I like the page with the white flowers best! You are also getting very good at painting people! I love the Steampunk tags and journal - awesome! Who cares if they are AI? At least with AI you know you aren't stepping on anyone's toes. PD Days here means "Professional Development" not Play Days, although I suppose it depends on who you talk to the teachers or the kids! Have a wonderful week, Lindart #15

Kyla said...

loving your journals and your small one is so cute too. Must admit I am not too bothered by AI, but that is mainly as I tend to use just my old stash up when crafting but have seen some really good ones online (and also some not so great ones too!)
kyla