About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 13 July 2022

WOYWW #684 - Craft Prep for Church Holiday Club

Wasn't expecting this last week but got a message from church asking for craft preparation volunteers. I waved my hands and picked up 4 packs to do on Sunday.


Did 3 Monday and the last one yesterday. Gosh that church paper trimmer is a tricky thing! 

Good job we have an air-con machine (which DH fixed Sunday as it wouldn't turn off Saturday night!!) With that and two fans I am just about existing in my room which thinks its Kew's hot house at present. 
I smiled at the wool supplied for the tags as it was one I'd donated to church.

Cutting these 140 cards out was the hardest pack by far. 
Oh and before I got to do all this I had done 7 scrapbook pages and an insert with journalling.

I was spurred on by the fact that these will fill my current scrapbook album and I'll get to start one of my new ones with my next page.

 
So a happier looking one of my hand post OP. The "get well" flowers I got chose the colours for me.


This is the journalling A4 card which will be slipped in between the 12x12 pages with the ribbon poking out of the top. 

The journalling isn't the happiest as last October was very challenging for me, I was very depressed and my self confidence had gone completely losing the function in my right hand for so long...

The photos are of my ear drums as I had my hearing test at the hospital soon after my hand op.

Green page is our first geocaching since my op and the Blue is my hubby going for a steroid injection for his thumb. He just had to get in on the action!




The last 3 pages are of England's Centenary Wood by the Woodland Trust in Langley Vale just a hop and a skip over Epsom Racecourse for us.

They are still and I mean STILL in the process of completing a car park so we had to be inventive in where we parked.

I guess that is me for this week phew!


Happy WOYWW Everyone.

6 comments:

Christine said...

You just pipped me to the 15th place!!
You have been very busy, love all the pages.
I used to visit PJ's sister who lives in Epsom, I don't envy you the heat.
Have a good week
Christine #16

Lunch Lady Jan said...

We’re a good few degrees cooler here for which I’m very grateful! Well done you for offering to help with the church craft prep, a good job done. I’d spend the next few days reclining in a paddling pool if I were you!
HUgs LLJ 5 xxx

Crafting With Jack said...

That was a lot of cutting, I hope your hand was alright afterwards. And you managed to get a lot of scrapbook pages done as well. Happy WOYWW. Angela #13

Helen said...

I think I need an air con unit too, I'm melting - just got back from today's final day playing tourist - it wasn't too bad in London but back here it hit me like a stone. Well done on sorting the packs. Happy WOYWW Helen #3

Julia Dunnit said...

Gosh, you have been busy! There’s a lot of preparation in those craft packs! Well done on the scrapbook pages, filling the last few spaces in an album is very satisfying I must say, possibly only something a scrapbooker would get though! Like the his and hers hands stories, despite everything, I hope you’re glad you had it done.

Sarah Brennan said...

Wow BJ you have been busy. Love all the latest pages - such a variety of layout and colours. Hope all that cutting wasn't too hard on the hand. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1