About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 12 January 2022

WOYWW #658 - 900th Cache

Honestly guys the desk is as last week!

Big news, I went to badminton last Thursday evening. (3 1/2 months post Carpal Tunnel Surgery) As my wrist is still sore I only intended to try the warm up but as that was OK I stayed on and ended up playing 5 games. I was quite careful how I played and there was one shot which was momentarily extremely painful, but I was OK with no ill effects afterwards either. Actually hoping it will loosen up my wrist in the long run.



Scrapped our 900th geocache find from back in July last year, it feels like longer ago than that, what with the surgery and recovery malarkey. 

(really need to sort and order some more prints now!)

We are currently at 961 finds so I updated the milestone card to 1000 and have chosen Leith Hill Virtual Cache for our 1000th when we get to that point. For that we will need a sign of our caching name so I made one and laminated it too.



The tree is still up and the sunshine makes it look lovely plus I treated myself to the first daffs of the season, the hope of Spring just round the corner.




Happy WOYWW Everyone


11 comments:

glitterandglue said...

Morning BJ. Well done on playing badminton. Brilliant news. Glad the wrist held up ok. 900 geo-caches. Goodness me. Well done. We look forward to the 1000 mark!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #8

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Wow, 900 caches is amazing! How lovely to already have the 1000th lined up. Well done on getting to Badminton, I’m sure the exercise will help flexibility and your feel good factor too!
Hugs LLJ 3 xxx

Helen said...

What a milestone of caches. Great scrap pages too . Helen #6

Crafting With Jack said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crafting With Jack said...

Beautiful daffodils, the first I have seen this year. Congratulations on all those caches. Thank you for your offer, I forwarded it to my daughter with an explanation, but she hasn’t got back to me. I shall ring her later to find why she has been quite lately. Happy WOYWW Angela #4

Diana Taylor said...

Great news about the Badminton, I'm glad you coped so well with it. Congratulations on the Geocaching - 900 is a great achievement and I like that you are already looking forward to the 1000th.
Hope you have a good week,
Diana xx #15

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Pleased to hear you had a good game without too much pain. Loving the new scrapbook pages too. Happy woyww, Angela x13x

Caro said...

So glad you were able to play some badminton with no ill effects. The scrapbook page looks excellent - that is a huge milestone! Happy WOYWW. With love & God Bless, Caro xx (#16)

Sarah Brennan said...

Oh well done with the badminton BJ. Good that you need to order new photos too - it shows how busy you have been with scrapbooking. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #7

Julia Dunnit said...

I’m glad you’re enjoying your tree in the sunshine. All I see is windows that need another clean…gosh it comes around so fast thst job…must be because I don’t like doing it! Happy to hear you’re back at badminton, haven’t lost your instinct then! 900 geocaches is quite something especially as I seem to recall that you don’t travel, so they must all be reasonable local…we always find there’s more in places we visit than around here!

My name is Cindy said...

Oh congratulations on playing badminton - that must have felt like a real achievement! I can't even imagine doing 900 of anything. Miles walking maybe. Well done you guys. Have a good week, Cidy xx