About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 17 November 2021

WOYWW#650 - Biblical Hebrew & Angels

Oh my, this week has taken a bit of a turn....not quite sure what happened, but I have dug deep into learning Biblical Hebrew! 

It's been mulling in the background for some years and I was led to a study plan on the YouVersion Bible App called Three Words From The Creation - Biblical Hebrew and Your Life. 

It contained a web link (which didn't work btw) but this inspired me to look some more and there is a wealth of stuff on YouTube and the Web so I got stuck in.

I posted this on Facebook last Thursday so that's when this all got started. 

NOTE:-  I have also been following the angel crochet pattern Jan kindly shared last week too. If I even get around to making any Christmas cards thought I might pop one in.

Made a blue one for my son on request, and another 2 white ones since my first too. 

My main reason for trying them in the first place was to test out my right hand to see if the Carpal Tunnel Surgery has worked, and pleased to say it passed the test no problem. 

My left hand only went a bit tingly on one angel, but left hand only does the "holding" rather than the "doing" so that was OK. Not sure at this stage whether I'd ever have the left one done as well as I am still struggling with a few things. 

My right hand is certainly NOT fully functional yet at 8 weeks. The scar on my palm is still very sore and tight and I cannot extend my wrist or thumb very well. My wrist continues to hurt mainly when handwriting which is a bind with the Hebrew Script. Seeing my Hand Therapist again on Thursday.

But I can CROCHET again - Yippee!!!

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

12 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I recognise those angels, lol! They look really pretty and are simple to do aren’t they (I can’t do hard crochet so it has to be easy for me, lol) Funnily enough, I’ve done some in blue and pink and they’re pretty too, they’ll be put down the harbour for the yarnbombing. I’m glad your wrists stood up to the crochet.
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

My name is Cindy said...

Good to hear your hand coped with the crochet - small steps BJ!! Good luck with your studies, sounds v interesting. Have a lovely week, love n hugs Cindy xx #14

Diana Taylor said...

So glad your hand passed the crochet test - that's great news. The angels are so sweet and will make lovely little additions to your Christmas cards. Good luck at your hand therapist - hope it all goes well for you.
Diana xx #12

Julia Dunnit said...

It’s a Scar, BJ, not intended to be loose and malleable, more protective and covering, so be patient. I should consider it done and stop counting, it makes the healing time seem interminable and it hasn’t been, honestly. I saw on Facebook that you’d smacked it against the tap…oh I remember the pain from those door of accidents, it does improve and then it’s so normal that you didn’t even notice when it got to being normal! I’ve had gastric surgery so despite being very impatient, am happy to feel that it’s only taken a Fortnite to start feeling human again, it was a bigger op than I thought. Well done on the Hebrew, learning any other language always reveals things that we just can’t translate well, I suspect that this original language will be stunning in its revelation!

Crafting With Jack said...

It’s great you can crochet again, don’t over do it though. The angels are lovely. Happy WOYWW Angela #7

Helen said...

Yay for the crochet success and good luck with the Hebrew, that sounds a challenge . Take care . Helen #2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Very pretty crochet angels, love them. You need to give that wrist plenty of time and don't over do it too soon. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x15x

Lynnecrafts said...

Lovely angels BJ but do take it easy after your surgery. Cool strips can help if your hand is painful.
I sometimes find that it's the holding hand that complains when I'm crocheting, from keeping the yarn under tension.
I like learning languages, it's a good brain exercise. I'm currently learning Welsh with the Duolingo app.
Have a good week
hugs
Lynnecrafts 13

Christine said...

Good luck with the Hebrew, my DH studied it as part of his degree. I had a look and found it really interesting . . .
Love the angels.
Christine #22

Spyder said...

Good to hear yoyr hand is on the mend so keep working at it! Love the angels, seen a sparkly one on another blog...super cute. I must learn to
crochet...never rember how to spell that, I would want to type crochit!
Happy Late WOYWW!? ((Lyn))#19

Susan Renshaw said...

Lovely angels - pleased that your carpal tunnel has been successful.
Happy WOYWW!
Stay safe and keep well!
Susan #16
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

Elizabeth said...

The angels are gorgeous and good to know that your hand is recovered enough to allow you to crochet. I've seen your photos on Facebook showing your progress and hopefully your hand will continue to get better in time. I'm so impressed with your study of Biblical Hebrew ... I found Latin difficult enough. Sorry to be so late. Hugs, Elizabeth x #24