About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 14 April 2021

WOYWW #619 - July 2020 Started

Here's my desk Tuesday evening, all put away ready to go make dinner. I layout my photos, papers, embellies and cover with 12x12 see-through bags whilst I ponder them overnight or whenever.

Here's Hubby putting our house name plaque on the wall at last, only been here 20 odd years. He'd taken it down when he restored the porch and it never found a new home till last May. 

June was full of cycling for hubby and walking for me oh and colouring my hair! The Foxgloves I saw on a walk are just my colour.

PAIRS (left) is a page of the 3 of us out in pairs towards the end of June 2020. Walking in the local woods and a very unusual geocache with my son. Didn't do much geocaching as it was so HOT last Summer!!! As well as lockdownish.

Dream & Explore (Right) is a chance meeting of a dance friend who turns out to be a keen gardener, and being invited into his garden and his neighbour's garden too. Who needs Kew eh? It was amazing and wonderful and curious, they open for the garden show thingy's - it was such a surreal encounter. 

I did make a card for a friend's son, quickly and went to post box at midnight and it was still 3 days late! Oh man. Hubby posted his passport off for renewal on 3rd and it is only due for delivery tomorrow - 14th!!!

I've had to deploy Pigeon defences as their bathing in my new pond is wreaking havoc with the new plants, and leaving a horrid scum on the water. Did make them an alternative, although I do have 2 other birdbaths already in the garden.

Happy WOYWW Everyone.




12 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Good luck training the pigeons to keep to their own bath BJ and leave Amelia alone. SOme great pages from last year too. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #7

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Fab LOs (loved the hair!) and interesting to see how you’re managing to deter the feathery foe, lol! Btw, I thought your CeeCee squares from last week were quite lovely, I do like her videos!
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

Lisa-Jane said...

Pigeons really are things aren't they?! Hopefully they'll enjoy their new en-suite facilities. Love the purple page with the hair! Stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #8

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Your pond looks very established now - as if it's been there for years! Too bad about the pigeons though - it's nice of you to offer an "alternative" LOL. It's like when we put a scratching post next to the armchair in our old house for Oreo to scratch, but he still went on scratching the arm chair to shreds! Luckily, he's not doing it to our new furniture - they can be trained - not sure about birds though! Lovely layouts - we tried geocaching a few years ago but never got into it. Happy Wednesday! xx zsuzsa #24

Caro said...

The pond is looking fab - hope you can find a way to keep the pigeons out of it! The layouts are fantastic and I love the neat desk poised for action. Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro x (#15)

Helen said...

I think you may have your work cut out with the pigeons... the post is very iffy sometimes it's perfect and others very poor... some great layouts though! Helen #2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Lovely tidy desk and great layouts too. We have a waterfall going into our pond and the birds usually bath in that but we have also had ducks during the breeding season trying to get n the pond which is another reason why we have a net over it. I'm late today as we've been sorting mum's second vaccination and hearing test so at least we've got that done. Have a very happy and creative woyww. Hugs, Angela x17x

My name is Cindy said...

Once again cracking on with the layouts! I made a mosaic door number for our house about 15 years ago and hubby has never got round to putting it up - it's sort of propped in the porch! I doubt it will ever get onto the wall now. Good look with the pigeon defences - they are a bloomin nuisance. I had to resort to putting beehive supports over some tulips planted under the bird feeder because they kept sitting on them. Some nature I could do without. Have a good week, stay safe, stay well, love n hugs Cindyxx #12

Crafting With Jack said...

Naughty pigeons! We had some that would sit on the bird house and none of the small birds could eat! I kept opening the kitchen door and shooing it away. Maybe a floating ball would keep them away till it’s more established. Have a great week Angela #9

Shoshi said...

How typical of the pigeons to use such a beautiful new bath (which you quite obviously put there just for them lol!) when you've already provided them with at least one other alternative! A good idea to put up the stakes but I hope they learn in time so you can remove them. The pond is so pretty, and it will be nice to let the new plants establish themselves.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi x #18

Julia Dunnit said...

Pond is looking great Bj despite having to stake it...am sure it’ll pay off eventually. Lovely scrapping pages, I’m relieved to hear that you ‘walk around’ the pages sometimes... I’m on blue this week and the actual things required to show on the page have made me put it off all week...the others I’ve done on the day that the challenge was published!

Susan Renshaw said...

Love those layouts - and the stories behind them!
I have a bird table here and I put seed on it every day. Who comes for it? Flocks of pigeons!
I am pleased to say some other birds too.
Happy WOYWW!
Susan #26