About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 16 December 2020

WOYWW #602 - Back to Scrapping

Have just ordered my next batch of photos. May 2019 to Dec 2019 so 152 prints on their way. I tried to be picky this time but it is what it is.

Don't know if that was what was stopping me scrapping but I needed a couple of prints I'd missed for May 2019 so scrapping had come to a halt.

I've become so stuck in scrapping chronologically that I hadn't looked at the rest of the May 2019 photos I already had and for some reason I did just that yesterday and found I could skip the pages pending additional photos and so a couple more in the meantime.

So here we have a couple of layouts in the making. WOYWW must have been in my subconscious as it wasn't until I was stopping to make dinner that I realised it was Tuesday night and that I would have something to show you all today! YAY

First up - Hubby's new bed, which we ordered from Dreams. I wanted a photo of the bottom so he could see how it was fixed together and the delivery guys decided to pose for me! Such a happy delivery crew. It had started on the spotty paper but the wording was lost on that one. Might add some of it in the corners. Still pondering it.

Second up - me and a mate when we went to the Big Church Day Out last year. Seem to have got away with one of those big print papers I was gifted when my son was in primary school. (Now that was quite a few years ago, half his lifetime infact as he's 22yrs on Monday Eeek). Pondering some embellishments but not sure what yet, maybe some perfect pearls/stickle highlights on the print flowers. 

All suggestions welcome.

I seem to be back in the saddle and looking forward to scrapping more, hope it lasts.

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

17 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I enjoy seeing your LOs, there’s always something different and you did it again today - I love the pic of the bed delivery men, isn’t it brilliant when people join in with a joke or bit of fun?!
Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

My name is Cindy said...

I do admire your discipline BJ. Whilst there is something to be said for the convenience of digital, the faff to get things printed just defeats me, I have whole years missing. Love the idea of the delivery crew posing - what fun!! Have a lovely week, stay safe, stay well, Cindy #26

glitterandglue said...

Hi BJ. Well done - two more. I don't know how you can stick so carefully to everything in the chronological order... I know I never would . The only time I have done that - and you understand I don't do scrapbooking very often - was in a book I made for my hubby to celebrate our ruby wedding anniversary - seemed logical to document it in order that time... courtship, wedding, children, their weddings, grandchildren... would have felt very odd being all over the show.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #4

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi BJ, lovely layouts as always. We must have thousands of photos on our computers, we only ever print something if we need it, not being a scrapbooker, thats not very often. Stay safe, have a lovely week, hugs, Shaz #6 X

Julia Dunnit said...

You’ve hit the ground running I’d say, great LOs. I often use big patterns, was once v scared of them, but in order to actually use my stash, I got over myself and just tried to enjoy using them...after all, mostly they get covered! love the Dream team posing with the bed, how nice of them! You know I don’t scrap chronologically, but I often do agile them in some sort of sensible timeline....depends which way the wind is blowing I guess!!

Helen said...

I do love your layouts, and it is good that you are back in the groove! the delivery men posing is just so funny! Have a good week. stay safe. Helen #2

Felicia said...

BJ, you are too funny!! Wow 152 photos and that's just May to December!! Wow!! That's a lot of photo opps! LOL I don't take near as many photos as I used to, which I will probably regret somewhere down the line!! But then again, I'm not a scrapper, so I can see where this is more of something you would do! I know that scrapbooks are a treasure!! Happy scrapping and Merry Christmas to you! Felicia, #31

Chana Malkah said...

Great layouts! I have never been able to do scrapbook pages. My friends tell me to just imagine it as a giant card front, but that is way too much space for me! I have great admiration for scrappers!

Hugz,
Chana Malkah, #34

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi BJ, see you're back to your favourite project and they are looking good. Great photos too. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x12x

Karen said...

Hi! good for you to start scrapping again ~ I was doing great at the beginning of this mess and then found out about junk journals, and the scrapbooking was set aside. I could always try to start up again after the new year ~ Enjoy the season! Love, Karen #32

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Hi BJ i've never been into scrapbooking but when I see other people pages it makes me think of all those photo's of my children when they were younger and how I could use them. Great layouts and memories, have fun finding the right embellishments. Happy WoywW Tracey #8

Robyn said...

scrapbook maybe in my next life! thanks for the inspiration!
robyn 35

Sarah Brennan said...

Good to see you back working on your scrapbooking BJ. Hope the new photos come soon now you are back in the groove. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Shoshi said...

I love the idea of doing a scrapbook page of the delivery of a new bed! Makes me think I should have photographed them delivering our new sitting room furniture.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #21

Spyder said...

What a friendly delivery man! We got our new matteress from Dreams, Its the best thing we'd bought seeing now retired and don't have to get up at six o'clock to walk loads of dogs, those few extra hour in bed are very nice! I took pics of the men doing our drive...they posed too! Have a great crafty weekend. Sorry I'm late Happy WOYWW!? Stay Safe,
((Lyn)) #24

Crafting With Jack said...

Hi BJ, a belated happy WOYWW. You made me smile with “Eek” at your son being 22, mine is nearly double that age! I don’t feel any older though🤔. Those delivery men were very friendly, nowadays I suspect it would be quite different, because of the situation. Keep safe x Angela #5

Susan Renshaw said...

Enjoyed yout layouts and the stories behind them!
Sorry I am so late commenting...
Happy 602nd WOYWW!
Stay Safe and Keep Well...
Susan #23
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!