About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 9 December 2020

WOYWW #601 - Thanks for the Zoom Meet-Up Ladies

It was so good to meet up with lots of you lovely ladies last Saturday on Zoom. 




I was even inspired to make some Christmas cards. I was going to make just the one, based on one I'd seen on Julia's #598 blog post





Then I remembered a tree die I'd bought a few years ago and a few developed from there. 




Following that I was checking out my card blanks box I foundsome "designer" cards so used my left over diecuts and some more on those.

Voila, 12 Christmas cards! Woo Hoo the most cards I've made in a long long time.



I did make my son's 22nd Birthday card before putting everything away. I'd mentioned it to him and despite blue being his favourite colour, he said not blue again! I said I wish I could used Pink and Purple and he said Why Not! So I did just that.

Thanks again, it was a super meet-up.


Happy WOYWW Everyone



12 comments:

Sue said...

Smashing cards BJ. Your room looks very organised - love the angel wings. Pink and red defo work....its lovely. Hugs, Sue #24

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I loved your Christmassy corner on the Zoom crop!! It was lovely to see you and great to catch up. Those cards are fab, I really love the trees in particular, gorgeous! Happy 22nd birthday to your son as well!
Hugs LLJ 10 xxx

Helen said...

Was great to see you on Saturday and you were so busy love your son's card Helen #3

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I really enjoyed seeing you on Saturday, BUT it seems every time the pictures moved to you, you were busy crafting. I think you looked up less than anyone else. And it appears you got a LOT more accomplished, too. That card for your son is great, too. Seems I remember when he was in high school. Wow, it's been a LONG time. Happy WOYWW from #2.

Diana Taylor said...

Wow, you've really done well on the card making - they are fab and I love the birthday card for you son too - those strong colours look really good. It was lovely to 'see' you on Saturday - it was rather overwhelming when we went to two pages - by the time I figured out who was talking it was on to someone else!
Hope you have a good week
Diana xx #20

Chana Malkah said...

Great cards! Sorry I was unable to attend the zoom event. It would have been nice to meet everyone!

You have a nice crafting space!

Hugz,
Chana Malkah, #31

Felicia said...

BJ, the cards are fabulous!! I really like the tree die cut!! I don't have a whole lot of die cuts, so usually card making is last on my list!! LOL Yours are gorge however!! Like Jan, I loved your craft corner on Saturday and it was great fun seeing everyone! Have a great rest of your week! Felicia, #29

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi BJ, it was lovely to see you, and put so many faces to names. I do hope we can do it again, it was almost like a 'real' crop- lots of talking, and very little crafting, but you managed to make a huge number of lovely cards too! Stay safe, Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #12 X

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Kyla, you're so right it was brilliant on Saturday and can't wait to do it again. I thought I'd never get to the posts today, three deliveries of craft stuff, one delivery of a surprise raffle prize, walking dogs, sorting mum's vaccination, trying to finish some cards and that's without the usual stuff like cooking Lol! Great card collection they are lovely. Wishing you a lovely creative week, Angela x19x

Sarah Brennan said...

It was good to see you on Saturday BJ. Love your hair! Well done on getting so many cards made. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Caro said...

It was so special to see you on Saturday! What a lovely lot of Christmas cards you have made - all so lovely. Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe, with love & God bless, Caro xxx (#33)

Shoshi said...

What a lovely lot of cards you've made, BJ. Great to see you on the Zoom last week.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #18