About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 27 September 2017

WOYWW #434 - Empty Nester

Well it's not that bad after all. Think I prepared myself over the past 3 months with my son at home constantly. In fact we had both got to the point that we needed the break. Also I feel strongly that I am being held up in prayer and God is by my side.

Desk is a bit sparse still. Not had the time to get into crafting yet but did decorate my Bible Study notebook, and got some refill pages for my scrapbooks too.

Other than that there is the stock reply letter from my MP concerning the university fees hike.

A Duke of Edinburgh report I need to do for one of the lads at badminton.

My Chronological, read the Bible in a Year list.

Oh and my journal open to do a Empty Nester Page but I'm awaiting inspiration. If any of you could prompt me or send pictures or quotes that might do the trick.

Missed you all last week.
Happy WOYWW Everyone.

14 comments:

Helen said...

hope you adjust to not having your son around soon.. and the inspiration for your pages come! Helen #1

Helen said...

yes, it's the journey - I couldn't work it easily by train and having to take time off work (which would have been ok) and staying over longer, sometimes not driving has it's downsides!

glitterandglue said...

Morning BJ. Thanks for your visit already and your comments. The funeral will be ok I think - Dad knew Jesus as His Saviour, so we have reasons to celebrate. What to do when they leave home?? Don't make the mistake I did! I couldn't face going into Joy's bedroom for ages - silly, really, and I should have just done it straight way!For a while I thought both of mine would be leaving at the same time, but in the end, Ruth went to a local college and stayed two more years.
That's a gorgeous cross on the front of your notebook - and I am impressed at the list for reading the Bible in a tear - I have never, ever, managed to follow one of those.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #2

Neet said...

What a beautiful bible!
Sorry you are feeling at a loose end with your son away, it comes to us all and we cope with a little help from above. Just make yourself busy and remember he will be back - and probably with a lot of washing - at end of term times. I still miss my son being here and that is after 30 years but we have to let go.
Hugs, Neet 8 xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Actually Neet said beautifully what I was was thinking - I only know that I love seeing my boys back now and then but enjoy having my time back for me as well!
Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

May said...

I agree with Neet it's so true... they turn up with washing, hungry and empty the fridge... Keeping busy the first few weeks is the key.... I used this quote on my daughters scrapbook page... Not sure if it will help...
"There are only two lasting bequests we can give our children
one is roots and the other is wings" W Hodding Cartell.
Have a great week ahead... May #19

Anonymous said...

Happy WOYWW. With any change in life, I definitely say that to keep busy is good - but also be kind to yourself. I have twice started doing one of those 'read the Bible in a year lists', but get a few weeks in and stop. I don't make any firm plans now and just do what I want, when I want. I need to avoid putting pressure on myself - life does enough of that! Ali x #26

Lindart said...

I can empathize with the empty nest, although for me it has been quite awhile since DD left the nest. It was quite traumatic at the time, but as time goes on, you appreciate the extra time you have, and you savour the time when you see your child again. Hopefully he doesn't mind texting or calling you! My favourite times were when she called to ask "Mom, how to you cook. . .?" At 31 years of age, I still text her "good-night" every night! As for a journal page, I've always loved this quote: "There are 2 gifts we give our children, one is roots, and the other is wings" Have a great week, and thanks for sharing! Lindart #29

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi BJ, hope inspiration strikes soon. Happy WOYWW Sarah #30

Christine said...

I don't think we ever get used to the fact that the children grow up but, not seeing most of mine nowadays, I take comfort in the knowledge that I brought them up to be independent individuals, and they are now. They all have their own families and I am very proud of them all.
I feel I deserve time to myself now!!!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi BJ, I'm loving the cross design on the front of your notebook. I don't have children of my own so this is a difficult one for me, I just looked after other people's children. I wouldn't worry though because as the others have said he will be back. Happy woyww and enjoy your crafting, Angela x11x

April said...

Embrace the empty nest. :-) My experience has been it doesn't stay empty very long. LOL
April #20

craftyani said...

It is a wrench when they leave home but hopefully safe in the knowledge they have had a good preparation for their life ahead. We laughed when our son left home as we took his bed to the tip, so if he did come back he would have to sleep on the settee. Anickoana

UplayOnline said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.