About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 3 May 2017

WOYWW #413 - It's Finished

I finished my embroidery on Friday and posted it to Mum yesterday and she received it today and is overjoyed and completely surprised too.

So obviously this view (from my bed) is earlier in the week as I have the embroidery hanging up over the fireplace and a stretching on the go.


Pondering my next project, I emptied out the drawer under my bed of all the UFO's (unfinished objects) and you'll see there is a mountain of them!






I decided to stretch the "boat" embroidery which has been waiting patiently for 20yrs! So that is done now. I have had its "twin" on the wall for as long so will need to get this one framed similarly, or it might do it myself.

I made this card last week amongst all the embroidery.

And I have started another circular sampler type free form embroidery for this month.







So other than saying, I was a little premature about the medication as I'm having a blip with it this week, not fun, no idea what's happening or when it will stop, that's me for this week.

Happy WOYWW Everyone.


13 comments:

glitterandglue said...

Hi BJ. Glad you got the embroidery finished - it looks great. I have a similar cupboard full of unfinished symphonies, too. One day maybe I'll get them all done.... You have some lovely pieces there. Love the one where the picture spills over onto the mat.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #22

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi BJ, love the embroidery., and all the UFO's! Hope you feel a little better today. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #2 XXX

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh no, I was happy when you'd posted that the meds were helping. I'm sorry to hear that you're having to put up with the blip...blooming heck, if men had to suffer what we did, it would have been sorted out years ago..... Your embroideries are gorgeous, I'm not surprised that your mum loved it :-D
Hugs, LLJ 5 xxx

Sarah Brennan said...

Sorry to hear the meds aren't helping as they should. I adore that boat embroidery, it is probably about time that it joined its mate on the wall. Good luck with the framing. Sarah #19

lisa said...

I think we all have loads of UFO's don't we. I have been trying to wade my way through mine. Your boat embroidery is just beautiful and I'm glad your Mum loved hers.
What a shame your meds are not as good as last week, things were looking so positive. Hope you feel more yourself soon.
Take care
hugs Lisax #20

Helen said...

you do have a lot of UFO's don't you - love all the ones you've been working on, and no wonder your mum was thrilled with hers. Take care, and hope it stops soon!! Helen #1

Plush Possum Studio said...

It takes so much talent along with patience to make such fine embroidered gifts. I envy you your patience. Your "Mum" must be fortunate to have such a thoughtful daughter.
Rose

Sharon said...

Glad you got your embroidery done! Your UFO pile looks a lot like mine. I am determined to get some of them finished this year and some of those projects I have kitted up I plan to do. So many projects...so little time!

Happy WOYWW
Sharon K #27

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi BJ, busy as usual. Have a happy woyww, Angela x14x

April said...

Wow - you have been a busy gal. So glad you're Mom enjoyed the gift - it is lovely.
April #25

Chidkid said...

These are just gorgeous. I hope you're soon feeling better. Elaine no. 7

craftyani said...

Lovely embroidery an art that is coming back into fashion. I also have lots of unfinished items stored away but every so often it is a great feeling to pick one up and finish it.
Anickoana#42

Lindart said...

I love the boat embroidery, and how the embroidery on the frame seems to crawl right into the picture! The one you made for your mom is great as well - you are very talented! I'm sure whatever you choose will be a wonderful project. Thanks for sharing, Lindart #32