About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 2 February 2022

WOYWW #661 - Tree Down

Usually take the tree down on Candlemas - 2nd February, but as I need to do the weekly shop, WOYWW and have Connect Group this evening, I did it a day early.

Beautiful day, sunny and warm even with the door open! I chopped it all up in the conservatory ending up with a trug full of branches and needles and a trunk! Sorted.

Loved my Purple and Gold theme this year, I wonder what it will be next year. 

Anyway I boxed up all the decs, popped them in the loft and did all the necessary cleaning and vacuuming. Didn't do all the conservatory windows, will do that is bits, hard work.

Still no crafting but have sorted photos from August 2021 to January 2022 inclusive about 144 - all ready to up load to order prints. Photobox have 50% discount on till 8th Feb supposedly for Valentines gifts, hope it includes basic prints. Must get it sorted before then.

So that's me.


Happy WOYWW everyone.

11 comments:

glitterandglue said...

Morning BJ. What a wonderful idea to leave your tree up for so long (yes, I'm a Christmasaholic!). I usually take mine down Jan 6 or 7, but hate doing it! Goodness - all those photos to have printed up - and then to add to pages!!! You are going to be one busy lady.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #7

Helen said...

Looks like the tree was about finished but it lasted well . Have a great week Helen #5

Lunch Lady Jan said...

You got your money's worth from the tree then! I take mine down before New Year;s Eve as I like a clean house to start afresh on 1st Jan!
Hugs LLJ 3 xxx

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Job well done. I have one dad made me from dowels I keep grandma's ornaments on it and sit it on a chest in the basement, but need to clear that space from a massive reorganizing then I can move it. Have a small one I keep decorated with hearts and have it for the tiny lights at night. AND photos I'm way behind on that but I NEED to do it. Have a fun week, your yard looks green !
SNOW cover here but will miss the next big one going out east.

Diana Taylor said...

You certainly tackled that tree thoroughly! Mine's usually down by New Year as it's a job I don't like doing and I just want to get it over and done with! Well done on getting your photos all sorted, you really are organised.
Hope you have a lovely week,
Diana xx #16

Crafting With Jack said...

That was a good job with the Christmas tree. I like the idea of having it up longer. I quite fancy having a Christmas room that’s always decorated! Hope you get your discount on the photographs. Take care. Angela #9

Sarah Brennan said...

Great job sorting the tree and all those decorations BJ. Lots of nice compostible pine needles too. Hope the photos are at a discount price still when you order them. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Sharon Madson said...

OH, I need to organize photos on my computer, so I can start scrapping, again!
Happy WOYWW!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi BJ, sounds like you've been busy but crafting can wait. At least you've got everything sorted. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x15x

Spyder said...

No, I argued with hubby at leaving the tree up until Groundhog day...but then he said...it would be up for another 6 weeks after that! But...then it is plastic. Years back, a neighbour pulled her tree into the middle of her sitting room, moaning that, if she got it out and decorated it then it was only fair that her three boys and their dad put it all away...the dead tee was still there in june! you could see it through the window, I never found out who won! Stay safe! Happy Late Woyww !? ((lyn))#23 last I think!

Sharon Madson said...

I am back! After reading your comment on my blog, I thought I would come back and comment again. Thanks for reminding me about giving my number. It had been so long, I forgot about that. I just comment on each one I order. LoL. Next week I will leave my number. Also my post was from 2014 for our Second on the 2nd over at .altered Book Lover. Seeing my 2014 reminded me of WOYWW and that I hadn’t posted there in a long time.LOL. So now I will come and post my desk with current posts!
Thanks for coming by.
Sharon