About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 26 January 2022

WOYWW #660 - Card and Goodies

I actually made "A" card last week! Thought a desk shot of that would be more interesting than my usual empty desk.

I'd cut some shapes out the night before and the remains are still on my desk now!

Anyway, with thanks to Angela, I sourced some affordable 12x12 scrapbooks on Amazon. 


Bought a couple plus refills and put some more in my "wishlist". I usually buy the cheapest as it's more about what's inside for me. I like 30 pages per album and they only come with 10.

I also bought some word dies. Always wanted the days of the week, although I'm bemused as to why they feel the need to include the abbreviated names as you can get those from the full ones with a careful snip!!







The general words are cool too, they are both a good size for scrapbook pages and they all cut well, even though "Wednesday" got bent in transit!

I used my firstcuts for a journal page...Think it still needs something but not sure what...

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

12 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Glad you were able to get some albums BJ. Love the journal page with the die cuts - they look like a decent size. The card is cute too. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #5

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

That is a very cute birthday card, BJ! And I love what you did with those words too. Enjoy your week! xx zsuzsa #17

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Those little elephants are very cute, what a lovely card! I like all the word die stuff too, they’re going to be really useful over the years!
Hugs LLJ 11 xx

Helen said...

Love the card ! Well done on the albums . The dies are good too have a creative week Helen #4

glitterandglue said...

Afternoon BJ. Great fun card there - well done. Scrapbook albums - look good. Enjoy filling them. You do a lot of scrap book pages, so I'm not really surprised you like to fit 30 in each album!!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #7

Crafting With Jack said...

One of your scrapbook albums reminds me of a couple 8 x 8 ones I bought ages ago and still haven’t done anything with. I got quite into digital scrapbooking for a while and planned on printing them out, but never did. Word dies are always useful aren’t they! Happy WOYWW Angela #2

Lynnecrafts said...

Your elephant card is lovely BJ. Well done with your Duolingo!
Great journal pages, too
Take care and have a good week
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 12

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi BJ, another late one for me but really wanted to get round. So pleased you found something suitable that must be my good deed for the week Lol! I know you'll fill them full of beautiful memories. Sending hugs, Angela x16x

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the elephants!
I am sure those day dies will be useful. I have Tim holtz month ones but that is all.
Happy WOYWW!
Susan #8

Diana Taylor said...

Gorgeous card - the elephants are just so cute. I can imagine those days of the week dies will be very handy in the future and I agree with you about abbreviating them with a little snip - it seems wasteful to manufacture extra like that.
Hope you have a great week,
Diana xx #18

Spyder said...

Love your elephant card and those dies will come in handy! a Silhouette Mint machine,

Julia Dunnit said...

Glad you were able to find your preferred scrapbooks….it hadn’t occurred to me that you wouldn’t have looked at Amazon, so in future I’ll jog your memory If you ask about getting stuff again! Sweet elephants on the card, a very useable doe that. Love your journal page, that sunburst when you turn the page is going to be a real lift!