About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 5 January 2022

WOYWW #657 - New Year Scrapping

Desk picture just to show you how it is most of the time if I'm not mid-crafting...

Duolingo on tablet but I do some on my desktop too.

Occupational glasses with ribbon on arm to distinguish from my usual bifocals (same frames) as I often used to get halfway down the stairs thinking my glasses needed cleaning before I'd realise I hadn't changed them round - Doh!

Purple fluffy unicorn gift from my mate. Really wanted something purple and fluffy too, so was overjoyed when I opened it. I made her a purple thank you card.

Behind the card are my hand weights. I am still having trouble with my wrist after my carpal tunnel surgery last September. I'm going to give it a few more weeks/months before making my appointment to see the surgeon again.

So to the scrapping. I combined several geocaching days as they were all part of the same circuit near Effingham, gotta love some of our place names.

The quite fussy patterned paper jumped out of my paper folder but was mostly obscured by the photos so I did some fussy cut outs. Hubby reminds me of the Jolly Green Giant!
These two pages show my hubby at a works leaving do and me at my friend's Baptism. They should be round the other way chronologically but I hadn't realised I'd put the titles down the joining sides so have swapped them round in my album.
And finally I finished this beauty in record time. Love all the colours it was quite delightful to do.


Happy WOYWW Everyone.

8 comments:

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Super layouts and yay for completing the puzzle - I didn't do any this Christmas. You gotta be in the mood, don't you? Happy New Year, BJ. xx zsuzsa #25

Helen said...

Happy New year! Love the layouts and the puzzle. As you may guess I don't have space for them .....Helen #3

Crafting With Jack said...

Lovely to see your finished jigsaw. Sorry to hear your hand is still not right. My daughter has her operation in February and expects to be back at work two weeks later as that is what the consultant told her. Happy WOYWW Angela #1

glitterandglue said...

Happy New Year BJ. Goodness, you've been busy! Liking the pges you have done.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #14

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Your purple unicorn is the start of your desk today, great prezzy from a friend who knows you well obviously! I love that jigsaw, so different but really pleasing! Tell me about different glasses, bane of my life!
Happy 2022, may it be full of fun and crafting!
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

A bit late tonight but always try to get round everyone if possible so I'm here to wish you Happy New Year. I love your fury friend, very cute. Have a lovely woyww and a great week. Hugs, Angela x20x

Sarah Brennan said...

What a fab puzzle BJ. Loving the latest layouts too. Hope your hand shows a big improvement this year. Happy New Year, stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #12

Julia Dunnit said...

Well if you want something purple and fluffy, of course a unicorn is the correct answer! Lovely to get a gift that brings you joy. Like the scrapbook pages, Effingham is a classic isn’t it, one of my favourite pubs within driving distance is in a village called Faccombe. Locally it’s not pronounced like it’s spelt I can tell you, makes me squirm! Hope this new year sees a good conclusion for your hand.