1) Nextdoor east of us sold part of their garden and a new single house is being built there on the corner. Started March 2026 expected to be finished by Christmas 2026.
2) Shanly started building 17 homes on the old allotments at the end of the cul-de-sac behind us. Started July 2026 and expected to finish 2028 (yes that vague).3) Yesterday nextdoor but one west of us started their "Summer" loft extension.
The lorries tear down our road before negotiating the hairpin turn (site of single house being built) into the cul-de-sac behind us. You can just imagine the dust from a month without rain and them not having water on the Shanly site still.
We have spoken with and written to Shanly also written to the council planning breach department and I have spoken with the site manager of the ground works contractors. How much money they must have put into planning agreements and then they flout many of the conditions, it is beyond belief.I did force myself to do a journal page but ended that with slicing my right index finger whilst cleaning my scissors!I did add Helen's Echinacea's to my embroidery.
I'm now having a go at a plant which keeps catching my eye on my morning walks. I have used a piece of my dress fabric for this section. I looked on maps and the shrub (whatever it is) is draped over a wall so I guess I'll add that to the bottom. I need to have a go at a double line hand mending stitch too. So I guess this is somewhat a sampler for stitching as well.
So stay in my room, air-con, fan and music on. Don't look out of the windows or open doors or go for walks between 7.30am - 6pm. That should do it!!!
Happy WOYWW Everyone.

6 comments:
Your echinacea and orange blossom? embroidery are great. I’m so sorry to hear about all the building works and I’m glad you gave a technique for ignoring them. Is a holiday away feasible, at least for a break? Sending hugs
Happy WOYWW
Lynnecrafts 9 xx
Loving the embroidered echinacea, glad it was an inspiration. The building works sound awful, I feel so sorry for you along with everything else . Stay strong xx. Helen #1
Frustrating when contractors breach permissions, keep telling yourself it’s temporary, although I get that temporary isn’t exactly a short one! Beautiful stitching BJ, the echinacea from Helen’s pic are really lovely, glad you can find something to enjoy!
Sadly builders don't always consider other people who live around where they are working. They do not attempt to consider the locals at all. We have people down our street that work nights at the hospital and the workmen that were across the road had a radio going all day very loud. I wonder if they would like someone keeping them awake for hours while they were trying to sleep. Your stitching is brilliant, love it to bits. Have a good woyww, hugs Angela x7x
Sorry to hear with your issues with the city and the builders. Scissor finger cuts can be literally a bloody mess, and painful too. I just love seeing the progression of your embroidery piece. Echnacea's are one of my favorite flowers, but don't do well in my part of the state of Texas. Happy WOYWW!
Happy post-knitting WOYWW!
Sadly, flouting the law has become far too common. Sorry to hear it all. Your stitching should lift your spirits - it is lovely and just keeps getting better and better. To answer, Brushos are grains of watercolour you sprinkle then wet. Believe me, you are not missing anything... :D
Mary Anne (5)
Post a Comment