Oh my life really struggling here - if the heat wasn't enough, the road works have been extended for a further 3 weeks and are now out the front with 4 way lights causing chaos. I am so stressed about it all - it is making me ill. My autoimmune skin condition has flared up as a result and I feel horrid.
Earlier in the week I did manage some embroidery and ended up making a little vignette of last weeks walk by the River Mole geocaching. I have posted details on a
previous post. including the photos I worked from.
I've since added the woodland round the tree trunk.
Wasn't sure where to go next so just couched some odd yarns down and am filling in with some flowers and whatever takes my fancy using up odd threads from my bag. Honestly not really feeling like doing much as feel so horrid.
Well it looks like this current heatwave will be with us a few more days with a 4th "hot" on its heels. I so want to move to Scotland!
Happy WOYWW Everyone - hoping you all are coping better than me.
8 comments:
I don’t like the heat either, imagine being at Wimbledon or the Tour de France? I don’t know how they do it tbh. Your embroidery is lovely, I’m glad you’re finding enjoyment in the slow stitching .
Hugs LLJ 5 xx
Happy hosting-knitting WOYWW!
Yeah I am right there with you. Had to order some more window film last week and have finally managed to clad just about every window. It makes a massive difference and now we can easily open said windows at night for the cool air to blow thru the house. I think your stitching is amazing, really really loving it, and I hope you can find a quiet cool spot to carry on - maybe it will take your mind off all the chaos! I may resort to putting my feet in a tub of icy water and sitting against on of the gel pet-cooling mats! Desperate times....
Mary Anne (7)
So sorry the heat and roadworks are stressing you out, BJ. If you can put a bowl of ice in front of a fan it might help.
Your embroidery is stunning.
Happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 4xx
Im sorry you are so stressed by the roadworks as well as this heat. Your embroidery is beautiful though . Take care Helen #1
Hi BJ! I'm sorry to hear about the flare ups caused by the extreme heat and road works chaos. That sounds extremely stressful, so I pray you are able to find some relief soon. That embroidery on the runner is exquisite, and truly a work of art. Happy WOYWW!
Ah, BJ, you maybe should hold off on that move to Scotland. Since yesterday's post we now have roadworks going on at top of the road, closing the bridge, and bringing in all sorts of huge and noisy equipment. Seems all this to replace a faulty lamp. We are also having a bit of a Scottish heatwave - temperatures forecast to rise to 27C degrees! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. There's nothing for it for us but to stay indoors and try to keep cool. Elizabeth xx #9
Beautiful embroidery BJ. Really sorry the roadworks and heat are causing you such distress. Really hope things settle down soon. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah
I'm so sorry you're not feeling well🙁 I can see how everything with the heat and the roadworks can stress anyone out. Maybe time for a trip to a nice cool hotel for a week or so? Your embroidery is beautiful. I don't think I would have been able to touch anything fabric-like in the heat! Sorry I'm so late...Lindart #12
Post a Comment