About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of Watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Faith/Art Journaling too. I've challenged myself to make an art journal page a day for this my 60th year. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing. I also like walking/Geocaching and sometimes do a bit of Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I have been learning to play the harp for the past 10yrs. I am now officially retired. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 2 October 2024

WOYWW #800 - The First Entry & Today

Yay WOYWW #800 what a milestone.

I started my original blog (ccraftcorner) back in March 2011 and first entered WOYWW a year later on 14th March 2012, @ #145. Twelve and a half years ago, oh my!

My desk was a little different back then as I had a laptop as opposed to a computer but I was scrapping and only a few months behind (unlike today where I'm 9 months behind! - See end of post)

I bought the green cutting mat and the paper trimmer back then from QVC and they are still going strong, even the silicone mat (under green mat) is still on the go too. I think 2012 was when my crafting started to expand from just scrapping and card making into the more arty stuff although I have filled eleven 60 side 12x12 scrapbooks since then Eeeekkkk!

Here's today's desk with all my monthly journals for this year. I was going to make my journal for October this morning but the day took a  down turn and I haven't done any crafting yet as a result.....YET!

I did buy some new Posca pens and some textured papers/fabrics this week. The latter on top of the pile which is all on my piece of hardboard which I put on the end of my bed as extra table space.

Here are the papers laid out and the belly band label made me smile!

The posca pens are the Autumnal Tones set which I have slotted in with my Standard and Pastel sets. 

I love a rainbow flow of colours...

So on to the end of September's Journal

Wednesday's page flowed out of the scrapbooking diecut scraps I used for the collage and an image I had in my stash for a while.

Defo needed the orange posca pen for this page but had to make do with the coral pink then...

Thursday's page - I remembered I had some coffee for splattering and love the soft colours.

The word reflect was on a few of the collage pieces under the paint and I tried to "reflect" some of the pieces as I went along before using that word as my focal point.

Friday I used a mop up sheet I'd been adding to for a while and just added the sun and stars and writing, glitter and perfect pearls.

Saturday was a collage and paint play day. I tried out the distress on top of my craft glue again to get the crackle (blue). I even tried alcohol ink for the first time (green). I added previously made foliage and fungi.



Sunday I did a textured backing white on white with a touch of silver and added lots of words from my hubby's engineering magazine. My most masculine page yet methinks. Hubby liked it anyways.

Monday I had 2 pages to play with at the end of September. The back cover I needed to attach to the last page so I made the penultimate one into a pocket. I  used a paper strip inside the pocket and copied the pattern with paint over the page, adding some foliage pieces and drawing some more with my new Fuchsia Posca Pen.

I also managed 4 scrapbook pages this week which finished off 2023 - YAY.

Two on 22nd December, a geocaching trip and our son's birthday (a day late).

Then 1 on Christmas day and one of us all before he left after his visit with us.

It was a gnome sort of a year last year so I used my die gnome house roof as the hat and a leaf shape as the beard.


Happy 800th WOYWW Everyone.

6 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Loving all the new journal pages BJ and well done for finishing your 2023 scrap layouts. Thanks for sharing your WOYWW memories. Hugs and Happy 800th WOYWW. Sarah

Lunch Lady Jan said...

How fab to see your first desk and yay for the mats still going strong! It’s amazing to think how much we’ve created over the years and are still enjoying the process of making art in whatever form.
Happy 800, sending hugs,
LLJ 4 xx

Mary Anne said...

Wow, your journal pages this week exceed your usual high standard. That Weds. one is particularly stunning. And your scrapbook pages too - love them, & all caught up! Fab seeing all the first time desks too. What a fun week .
Recovering today but can't miss out!
Happy 800th WOYWW.
Mary Anne (9)

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Well done on joining so long ago too, and off back then to play badminton 🏸 😀
Love the first journal page particularly, and great to have 2023 done! I can't believe how quickly 2024 is going.
Happy WOYWW 800!!
Thanks for sharing, and may God bless you and keep you and all whom you love safe and well!
Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Neet said...

Love all of your pages but am drawn particularly to the end of September one. I love autumnal colours and you have captured them to perfection here.
Love that someone else has mats still going strong, great first woyww post.
Hugs, Neet 14 xx

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Surprise....had been thinking about this WOYWW group and had some time it's 4 am here and Bailey awoke me ! Even forgot how to blog......sign in....Made a quick copy of my 1st post and added a few lines....FORGOT a NEW PHOTO...maybe next week. WISHING you the best and I have missed all of you and your fun posts. Oh Iove all of you photos. I'll have to stop by and visit some of your earlier ones. We'll be out of here shortly to take care of field work. Maybe next week I can post a current photo and update. BEST WISHES.