About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of Watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Faith/Art Journaling too. I've challenged myself to make an art journal page a day for this my 60th year. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing. I also like walking/Geocaching and sometimes do a bit of Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I have been learning to play the harp for the past 10yrs. I am now officially retired. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 21 August 2024

WOYWW #794 - Off-Piste

Desk is as usual tidy so I went with the wide shot for a change.

My mini Bible is just about visible bottom right with this weeks watercolour from Devotion in Action

It's of Timothy, an impressive young man who trained under Paul and was left in charge of the church in Ephesus.

Scrapping 1st page in 20th Album.

A bit of self indulgence to start my new album.






And the August "steampunk" Journal has had a couple more off-piste moments, but first...

4 pages of Fussy Cuts Freebies images.

Couldn't choose which girl to use so used both.

The basic steampunk items here. 

Only noticed the number of fingers when gluing the glove down!

The pocket tag uses an image from the Gecko Gals bonus sheet in response to their monthly newsletter email.

The only nod to steampunk here is the last of my cog brads!


On the other side is an image from I love Paper Digital & AI and some of my Temu mushroom dies. Again some cog stamps with the grunge image.

The word and hand stamps were already on the tag when I started.

Here I go completely off-piste for week 3 of the Seek Gather Create challenge, although there are cog diecuts as part of the collage under the paint.

Items to use were:-
1) Bubbles - 3 vellum diecuts and white circles
2) Ruffles - lace edging
3) An Eye - from a magazine
4) Colour: Fuscia - paint and ink


And yesterday in response to the MultiMediaMonday prompt of Large Numbers over on Express Your Artsy Soul facebook group

Stencilled and stamped some cogs.

Think that is me for the week, really need to get a wiggle on with the scrapping again... Ho Hum.



Happy WOYWW Everyone.

8 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I really love those tags, they’re all fab but think the toadstools one is my favourite - love the nod to steampunk in them as well!
Hugs LLJ 6 xx

Neet said...

Gosh, you have been busy. Love that pocket tag and the steampunk gals are so pretty I wouldn't be able to resist choosing one either. Good idea to use both and they look well together.
So much to see and all of it appeals to me.
Hugs, Neet 2 xx

Crafting With Jack said...

I did it again! Got sidetracked by your link “I love paper…”. Just downloaded a lady from the steampunk section and 17 others from various albums 🤣🤣 I already had joined, but I join these sites and then forget about them for a while.
Love the scrapbook page of yourself! I didn’t notice about the number of fingers either! How odd! Love your tag. Happy WOYWW. Angela #11

Lisa-Jane said...

Uh oh... I think I need another Temu visit... Those tags are wonderful but I'm a bit in love with the mushrooms, and the stork one is really wonderful. Great page about your hair and I love the character top right even though I have no idea who she is - she just looks 'bad-ass'! Enjoy the last few days of the 'summer', Lisa-Jane #12 prettymypage.co.uk

Sarah Brennan said...

What a great selection BJ. I love the first page in your new scrapbook album!!! Cute tags too. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah

Lindart said...

Great pages BJ! I love all the steampunk pages - and the 6-fingered glove! Who is Kosa? I see a Viking gal, then 2 pics of you? Your art room is beautiful and very inspiring! Mine is just a complete mess! Have a great week, Lindart #15

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi, I'm back BJ. We've been out today so it's taken me a while to get round everybody. I saw LLJ's exploding bag, very useful. I doin't think you need a tidying up session as you are always so organised. Love your photos and the tags too. Wishing you a happy woyww evening. Hugs Angela x9x

Spyder said...

First!! Sorry I'm so late but at least I did answer your last weeks question about trollies, on my blog when I couldn't comment here....still don't know if this will post! Loving your purple background...I have put a new background (at last that works now) on my blog, but keep changing it...haven't found a purple one yet! just wish I could get my old background back. Loving all your crafty journeling they are really fabulous!! Great photos too!! Happy very late WOYWW!?((Lyn)) #13