About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 17 June 2020

WOYWW #576 - Lots of Layouts!

Well last week's show of crafty inaction really gave me a push to get some scrapping done. The pages awaiting sticking on my desk for 2 weeks were from a little get away hubby and I had in the Autumn of 2018. Not my thing, going away, so it was the last time we'd been anywhere, for years.

Anyway, as it happened I got the bigger lighthouse there, in Worthing, you know the one I was trying to match with painting my smaller one. I think I finally got a better paint match after hubby gave me some white undercoat as my white paint had died.

Then on to some more layouts...


The last one was when I started dying my hair purple, so I thought I'd do it again this past weekend and put my back out in the process. oh man!




Which brings me to my latest jigsaw. I went from tiny winy regular shaped pieces to large irregular pieces, really enjoying the change and can confirm that shape is a big component in jigsaw completion as well as the picture.



So that's me for the week, actually on my desk are my next two pages all ready for sticking, which will almost wrap up October 2018 and I'll need to order some more photos soon.... Getting there.

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

17 comments:

Helen said...

that's a pile of layouts! you seem to be catching up well! the jigsaw looks fun, and you are very organised with your pieces! Hope your back eases soon. Helen #2

glitterandglue said...

Morning BJ. That's some achievement with all those pages done! Well done. The jigsaw progress is impressive too. What a week you have had.
Take care. Stay safe. God bless.
Margaret #3

Sarah Brennan said...

Ouch BJ I do hope your back is feeling better. You have been productive this week. They are fab layouts and the light houses go very well together. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #8.

Mrs.D said...

Morning BJ, you have been busy with the scrap book pages, I love seeing other people's scrap books, but wouldn't have a clue, or the impetus, to do my own.
I love your organised jigsaw boxes, makes it look like a serious business!
Thanks for sharing
Chris #10

Lillianb said...

Sorry to hear about your back and hope its better soon, You have some great scrap book pages there, I have jigsaws and maybe one day will stat them,

Take care stay well and safe,

Lilian B #15

Diana Taylor said...

Great work on all those layouts - you are whizzing through them. So nice to hear someone else say that going away is not their thing! I love the lighthouses - they look a perfect match. The purple hair looks fab but sorry to hear about your back - hope it's soon better.
Hope you have a good week,
Diana x #11

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I was struck by that last pic of the jigsaw - does it really have wobbly edges or have you saved the pieces to put on last? I'm intrigued as I always have to do the edges first (and I do a lot of jigsaws, in fact four new ones arrived this week!). It's a complex picture so well done for doing it. Well done for completing all those LOs and I love the little lighthouses!
Hugs LLJ 4 xxx

My name is Cindy said...

I'm reading a few posts that are saying last week was a low point but this week was better - I know that was the case with me, I wonder why the timing is so similar for everyone? Looks like you are on the case now, lots and lots of layouts there!! Happy WOYWW, stay safe, stay well, hugs Cindyxx #11

Julia Dunnit said...

Still slightly awed by the way you sort the jigsaw pieces, and interested that the shape of the pieces is important - tbh I just assumed there was a couple of standard big fat dies that Jigsaw manufacturers used to stamp every puzzle! Glad that the lighthouse frustration has gone, good old undercoat! My lovely Gal lives in Worthing so we’re coming to know it quite well now. Lovely LOs, I’m sorry about your back - ouch. Would it help ease things if I said how much your purple hair is so you?

Mariane said...

That IS a lot of Layouts, WOW - I love your Lighthouses, those are my favorites.
You surely are a very creative artist

Thank you so much for sharing!

Happy WOYWW
Mariane #26
http://art.cordes.re

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi BJ, sorry to hear you've hurt your back.Lighthouse looks fab now.Great layouts too. Stay safe, Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #16 X

Caro said...

Sorry to hear about your back - I hope that it eases very soon. That is an incredible amount of very beautiful layouts there. Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#34)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Looks like you've been busy here and well done getting all those Layouts done. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x20x

Sue Jones said...

ohh no sorry about your back - hope the pain is easing :( . You put us all to shame the amount you have completed ! I am working myself up to doping 1 layout ha ha. Sorry I am late posting - hope you have a great week with a better back. Soojay#27

Susan Renshaw said...

Lots of lovely layouts!
Not done a jigsaw in years - now there's an idea!
Keep well,

Susan #39

Crafting With Jack said...

Lot’s of great layouts, sorry about your back, hope it gets better soon. Angela #38

Shoshi said...

Oooh the price we pay for vanity, BJ! Hope your back recovers quickly and that you enjoy your new hair colour! You certainly have been busy this week with all your layouts.

Sorry for the late visit - time seems to have passed me by this week and I've been busy with other things.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #22