Here's a shadow photo just for Julia. It's from along the footpath where all the trees have been felled, the tracks are from the stump grinder.
We managed a geocache yesterday and left a duck due to all the lovely rain. I love the rain, give me rain, happy happy day.
I have continued my letter writing and have now written to my local MP.
I have also spoken with the council enforcement team and exchanged more emails but take umbrage to being told I am the only person "complaining" and that Shanly have done a letter drop but I canvassed the other street and they most certainly haven't!
I have also raised the issue of the fragmented road markings on the street near our garage as the straight on is the give way and the HGVs etc don't seem to notice it. I had to shout to this lady to BEWARE and she jumped back on the pavement!
I have also raised the issue of Saturday afternoon and Sunday working with the council from one other development as we don't seem to get any relief if that keeps happening. I have spoken with the developer many times about this so I think I have been reasonable enough.Thank you for all the lovely comments of support last week and I'm really sorry not to have replied to any. It is only now that I seem to have felt able to sit at my PC for me as I wasn't even going to blog this week.
Happy WOYWW Everyone.

12 comments:
stay strong BJ , and I love the shadow pic. helen #4
It takes a lot of strength to keep fighting so I’m not surprised you’re tired but the builders/council seem to be riding roughshod over everything. The shadow pic is fun and I’m glad you got to a geocache!
Hugs LLJ 2 xx
Glad you’re feeling well enough to post today. Noise nuisance is very wearing. I hope it improves very soon for you.
Hugs,
Annie x #6
We've been through house building at the back of us but all I can say is that it doesn't last for ever. I know that's not helpful at the moment. There were lots of lies told about the ground at the back of us but it's done now and is generally quiet again. Lincoln have built lots of new houses over the last few years but then I guess there are more people living here than when we arrived. Take care and hopefully a peaceful woyww. Hugs Angela x9x
There is so much housebuilding and disruption going on everywhere it seems at the moment. Stay stong BJ. You are not being unreasonable and to have it all weekend too is not on. Love your little duck in the geocache, although I much prefer the sun to the rain I'm afraid. Take care and lovely to see you on here this week. Hugs Lisa #10
Hi BJ! Glad to hear the weather is finally getting bearable for you. I can relate to liking sewing projects these days too, after completing my Fall egg and Gandalf during the past 2 weeks. I commend you for your dedication to speaking up regarding the development in your neighborhood. Shalom!
It does seem never ending, BJ. I'm glad you're keeping up the letters. They are probably so used to riding roughshod over objections from people so to remind them that it isn't acceptable to the people being affected by what they are doing is no bad thing. I'm glad the weather has improved, and coincidentally rained the builders off too. Your shadow photo reminds me of the time I took one, Julia style, too. have a better week. Hugs. Elizabeth x #14
Hi BJ, your shadow picture is fun and good for you that you solved a geocache! Your tenacity is admirable, it’s pathetic that the council claims that you’re the only one complaining. Enjoy your zen stitching
Happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 5 xx
Best of luck with all those buildings issues BJ. It's been a nightmare for you. I hope it improves soon. It's hard to get away from it and creates such a mess. I hope you can find some solace in a bit of gentle crafting..x x Jo 🌈
Keep fighting the weekend working BJ - you deserve at least to have a peaceful weekend. It might be worth getting a petition up and getting the others affected by the development to sign it so the council can't claim you are the only one complaining. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah
HI BJ, sorry you are having to go through so much stress around you, it does make creating difficult. Hopefully you can find sanctuary somewhere to keep the noise and stress away. Good luck wth your fight, and I hope you get what you want, The squeaky wheel gets the oil! Sorry for such a late comment, it's been a busy week! Lindart # 16
Ooh it's not easy, hopefully they wasn't lots of cutting etc today (sunday) like the other week kyla
Post a Comment