About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog.I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary, plus any cards as required. As my Carpal Tunnel allows I am getting into yarn/fabric crafts with slow stitching and needle felting added to my list. I continue with my love of Watercolour and Bible Journaling plus Faith/Art Journaling with acrylics and inks. I completed my challenge to make an art journal page a day for my 60th year in 2024. My list of crafty exploits includes ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing. I also like Walking/Geocaching. I have been learning to play the harp for the past 10yrs. I am now officially retired. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Evangelical Church.

Wednesday, 9 September 2026

WOYWW #901 - Coming to Terms with it all Slowly.

Oh my life, yet another stressful week. Trying ways to deal with all the construction disturbances and really thankful for the persistent rain yesterday making 2 of the developments pack up earlier than usual. Also that it was nice and cool so the windows being shut all day wasn't too bad either.

The Magnificent Horse Chestnut tree has now gone but they left a log so I commandeered that to enable me to look over the wall/trellis. We've just bought privacy curtaining to cover the inside of the trellis during all this construction as the HGVs drive straight past our wall, and I can see them from my sofa in the lounge!

Still not managed any crafting, but hoping to feel better about the situation by the end of the month for the next ZEN installment. I seem to like sewing projects these days.

Here's a shadow photo just for Julia. It's from along the footpath where all the trees have been felled, the tracks are from the stump grinder.

We managed a geocache yesterday and left a duck due to all the lovely rain. I love the rain, give me rain, happy happy day.

I have continued my letter writing and have now written to my local MP. 

I have also spoken with the council enforcement team and exchanged more emails but take umbrage to being told I am the only person "complaining" and that Shanly have done a letter drop but I canvassed the other street and they most certainly haven't!

I have also raised the issue of the fragmented road markings on the street near our garage as the straight on is the give way and the HGVs etc don't seem to notice it. I had to shout to this lady to BEWARE and she jumped back on the pavement!

I have also raised the issue of Saturday afternoon and Sunday working with the council from one other development as we don't seem to get any relief if that keeps happening. I have spoken with the developer many times about this so I think I have been reasonable enough.



Thank you for all the lovely comments of support last week and I'm really sorry not to have replied to any. It is only now that I seem to have felt able to sit at my PC for me as I wasn't even going to blog this week.

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

No comments: