About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of Watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Faith/Art Journaling too. I've challenged myself to make an art journal page a day for this my 60th year. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing. I also like walking/Geocaching and sometimes do a bit of Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I have been learning to play the harp for the past 10yrs. I am now officially retired. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 8 May 2024

WOYWW #779 - May Retreats!

Desk is clear again as usual and bed set up with cloth and a piece of hard board for more space when I'm creating...

I finished off April's journal with a page recounting our lovely sunny day geocaching in Godstone last week.

I painted both the covers for April and May. The latter cover is made from an Amazon cardboard envelope so it needed disguising somewhat.

I was pondering my May journal and came across #MessyMay2024 a stroke of luck so I can follow along to their videos each day this month, just like JunkJournalJanuary. 

Here are my first 6 pages with the following prompts:-
01:prologue (introducing ourself - I used my " what you look like as a hippy facebook generated photo)

02:nourish - what nourishes me - my Faith in Jesus -  John 15:5

03:enchanted - with the dragon fantasy picture from Gecko Galz last month.

04:blooming - using the RHS May magazine envelope picture of Wisteria and filled in painting.

05:marks - amazing process video - worth signing up just to watch this one

06:backgrounds - with inks using old calendar pictures and left over bling from my May page below.

Somehow made a few birthday cards as well this week.

And did my May Bible Journaling Ministries page and my Faith Inspirations page too in my Faith Journal.

Both focused on shiny stuff, first on metallics (I used copper foil tape and Easter egg foil wrap) and the second on bling (I used my gems) Both have stickles and liquid pearls too.

I used my metal roller mark making tools on the copper tape, not used them in years!!! Plus my 2 new circle punches.

All very sparkly, just how I like it.

Nest Fest starts today! It is 2 weeks of daily focusing on particular techniques or stash. Hoping I can combine it with Messy May in my daily journal, we'll see...

Encounters in Colour starts next week! A week long online Christian Art Retreat. I will be doing mine in my Faith Journal. All content available to the end of May. Great Facebook group too, not sure how long that will remain though.

WOYWW 15th Anniversary next week too - managed to make 12 ATC's so far in 3 groups of 4 so if anyone would like to SWAP or just have one (I don't mind either way) let me know and send me your address. My email should be in my blog profile. First come first served after my SWAP partner and Julia of course.

Phew - is that it - Hope so.
Lying down in a dark room will be required soon methinks.

Happy WOYWW everyone.

12 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Fantastic projects as always BJ. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW Sarah #3

Mary Anne said...

Who doesn't love a bit of sparkle? I have my June and July monthly journals to do and it is about time to make the holder for the Jan-June collection. Just to confirm a def. swap from me next week! Will you be at the crop?
Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (7)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

You always impress me how conscientious you are with the journals, well done. I'll swap with you but are you coming to the Crop in which case I have one for you anyway. Let me know and then I'll get back to you. Happy woyww, Angela x12x

Elizabeth said...

You've been very busy. You put me to shame. Love that pic of you as a hippy ... gorgeous! Have a great week. Elizabeth x #9

Lisa-Jane Johnson said...

Good grief you HAVE been busy in your creativity! I almost signed up for Messy May but after seeing this post I'm going to do just that. Enjoy the sunshine finally, Lisa-Jane #10

Neet said...

You must be a fast artist as you produce so much and yet it is all well thought out, especially when there is a theme to be met. I so enjoy seeing your artwork and am always amazed at how much you produce. Nest Fest sounds my type of thing but am too busy/slow to do it. Ah well.
Take care, Hugs, Neet 8 xx

Helen said...

You are the least messy crafter I know ! Will have a count up of atcs xx. Busy week you've had as always, fabulous work ! Helen #1

My name is Cindy said...

Well B-J your creativity is flying! You find so many interesting things to do and then do them really well. I would love to swap with you, I'm guessing you won't be at the crop? Have a great week, love n hugs Cindyxx #11

Crafting With Jack said...

All great projects, I am way behind on the free courses apart from the inchies. My daughter in law is doing the house painting, apparently she likes decorating. Happy WOYWW. Angela #13

Susan Renshaw said...

Will have to take a look at Messy May - super pages you have made...
With very best wishes for a Happy WOYWW!
I am determined to call and comment on all of you this week!
Susan #4
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Wow you have been busy, fantastic projects and so much creativity.Loving the pages using the image of you as a hippy and your butterflies, great inspiration and you've even made birthday cards too! lots of interesting elements too used Have a great weekend - Michelle #2

Crafting With Jack said...

Nothing much in Nest Fest for me so far. I just watched the stencilling one. I have only done two of Get Messy so far. I quite enjoyed the inchie one. I think I am going to cancel Faith Inspirations, I have idea I paid for the year so need to check on that. I have been inundated with them trying to get me signed up for Momentum. It has put me off. Health wise I have been very tired, I found church on both Sundays to be so uplifting. Enjoying my Scripture writing too. I have been working on my collages. “See you” Wednesday . Angela x