About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of Watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Faith/Art Journaling too. I've challenged myself to make an art journal page a day for this my 60th year. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing. I also like walking/Geocaching and sometimes do a bit of Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I have been learning to play the harp for the past 10yrs. I am now officially retired. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 1 May 2024

WOYWW #778 - Collage Papers Galore

So I did the freebie, lifetime access 5-day course "Collage Kickstart" last week. 

Day 1 - collecting household objects to use

Day 2 - Acrylic paints and printing with objects

Day 3 - Texture Paste on Tissue Paper. The tissue melts away when glued to a page so lots of patterns ready to go. My favourite new technique.

Day 4 - Circles and Glue resist

Day 5 - Making up a grid of collages


Then would you believe the warm up exercise for the "Encounters in Colour" retreat was making collage papers 

It had the extra bonus for me of writing scriptures out in different ways. Obviously you could write anything, like poems or prose but I really liked how the repetition of a verse helped it sit in my mind.

So to my actual desk, I bought some new wax water soluble crayons - Stabilo Woody 3in1. 

A couple of artists I follow use the black one in their are journals but I splashed out for a set of 18 with a sharpener and paint brush. 

They are much bigger than I'd expected but oh so creamy and the colour saturation is superb. You can buy them singularly or in much smaller sets though.

I got some 2 inch book rings at last so last years weekly scripture 52 cards can be stored as one.

I'm a day behind in my daily journal so here's just the last 6 days...

I entered the first one into the Gecko Gals April Steampunk Challenge

The second one (purple) has handmade doodles cut out and stuck on inspired by Lindart last week

The middle 2 have new paints I bought in the week, Orange, Purple, Gold plus my new Ultramarine mixed with yellow making a lovely green.

The bottom two use my new collage papers.

I guess that's me this week, I bit of catching up to do but mainly on track, better get a wiggle on with the ATCs though, but I do have loads of collage papers - I wonder....

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

7 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Such a lovely lot of collage papers! And the cards on a ring - fabulous! I love my Woodys, and agree - creamy and saturated and thank goodness you get the massive pencil sharpener with the set! It would be whittling with a knife otherwise :)
Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (5)

Helen said...

Those crayons look fab , designed for kids but used by art journallers! Very productive again. Happy woyww Helen #3

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I have that set of Woodies and they are so useful, you will love them. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x12x

Sarah Brennan said...

Wow you have been busy BJ. Lovely assortment of collage papers and journal pages. Those pencils look lush too. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

Lisa-Jane Johnson said...

I've watched the videos a couple of times but not managed to make any papers - it feels a bit wrong when I have so many pre-made papers already! You've made really fabulous papers there and your collages have come together beautifully! Have a great week, Lisa-Jane #7

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

wow, you have been busy! Loving all the techniques and the abundance of creativity! Your ring book looks great too. Have a great week Michelle #19

Lindart said...

Great collage papers! Looks like you had a lot of fun! I really like the Day 2 papers, I have to try that! (we are inspiring each other - how cool is that!) I like the bottom left journal page best where you used your blue collage pages. Awesome work! Have a great week, Lindart #22