About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 16 March 2022

WOYWW #667 - Space Again

It was certainly sad to drop our son off in Cambridge on Saturday to start his new chapter, but on reflection so nice to have the space at home again, a 1/3 less washing, easier to park car etc. etc. 



I made him a New Home card but that was the sum total at my desk other than the catching up with the house paperwork chores.



I'm reliving this month as February as I lost out with Valentine's, Birthday and Anniversary last month due to Covid. 

I finally made it to the garden centre and have planted up 2 of my 6 containers so far.



I visited a friend who gave me the Jesus colouring book as a "late" birthday present too, so sweet.


Anyway that's about all, managed some desks last week, getting there slowly although still coughing a bit (week 5!!).

Finally, if you'd like to donate for the crisis in UKRAINE and know it is getting to the right place, Renata is from my church, she is Polish, and she is taking a team out to Lublin, her home town, to help transport refugees from the front line/border with UKRAINE and to support them.

This is her Just Giving Link.

Many Thanks

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

11 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I hope your son is very happy in his new place, Cambridge is a nice place to be! I wonder how long it’ll be before you take over his bedroom as another craft room, lol! I may have done that very thing…cough…. :-)
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

glitterandglue said...

Morning BJ. Oh my - seeing your son off to the next season in his life - exciting, but carries a certain sadness for a mum. Trust he enjoys his time there in that beautiful city.
Your planters look good - enjoy. Have fun with the colouring.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #11

Crafting With Jack said...

Cambridge is lovely, I am sure your son will be happy there. The planters look amazing - are they ceramic mushrooms? Happy WOYWW and have a great week, Angel #13

Helen said...

My brother loved his time in Cambridge, hope your son is very happy . Well done on the late valentines celebration xx Helen #2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I'm sure your son will be happy in Cambridge, it's a lovely place. I used to go there at least once a year for the Open Studio week as we had a friend over there who made the most gorgeous jewelry with opals and silver. Pleased you gradually getting better too. Have a lovely creative woyww. Hugs, Angela x15x

Diana Taylor said...

I hope your son is very happy in Cambridge, it's a lovely place to be. If you are like me I am sure before you know it you'll be wondering how you ever coped without the extra space! The planters look so pretty, it's so nice knowing Spring is pretty much here.
Hope you have a great week,
Diana xx #16

Sarah Brennan said...

Hope your son settles in well and you get used to distance communication with him BJ. Glad you are feeling more up to planting and crafting post COVID too. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Tracy said...

Wishing your laddie all good things ⭐🌈 BJ, the house will seem so quiet now but sure youbwill see him often 🤗 Sorry that cough is still hanging around, you take care! Loving the card and the happiest of flowers all potted up bringing cheer ... enjoy your colouring. Sending gentke hugs and love your way Tracy #17 xxx

Susan Renshaw said...

Love your planters! Hope your son is very happy in Cambridge. My daughter lived in St Neots for a few years so we often enjoyed a daytrip there.
It is Thursday morning here in Melbourne and I have just discovered my link isn't on Stamping Ground so here I am at #22!
Happy WOYWW!
Stay safe and keep well!
Susan
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

Lynnecrafts said...

Hope your son is happy in Cambridge. It’s a cool city for you to visit as well!
Such beautiful planters.
Take care; have a good week
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 14

Julia Dunnit said...

I hope his next chapter is fulfilling and happy. I like Cambridge, wouldn’t mind getting to know it as well as he will, seems a nice place to be. I understand why you’re re-living Feb, but don’t get confusing me will you…I could probably easily be convinced that the months are running in the wrong order!!