About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 9 March 2022

WOYWW #666 - End of an Era

This time next week my only child will have left home to start his adult life in Cambridge. He's been trying to sort a rented house with a couple of his Uni mates ever since I got Covid-19 back in mid-February so it's been a doubly difficult time for me. 

I think I am nearly over the Covid, still coughing a bit and loads of catarrh but mainly OK, until yesterday and my dental check-up which brought on a severe attack of IBS. I was in agony for over 24hrs and finding my medication was well out of date I had to pop to Asda after the dentist to get some from there.

I tossed and turned with the old menopause night sweats all night but woke relatively pain free this morning - Horrah!

Sorry yet another week of not visiting desks last week but I truly hope I will be able to this week.

So to the main update. I SCRAPPED, yep, actually felt well enough to get out my photos this week and did a page, even got a couple of my new word dies on there too.

Happy WOYWW Everyone

12 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

A proper rite of passage when they leave home properly! He’ll be fine and you’ll have a lovely place to mooch around when you go visiting. Sorry you’ve been unwell, hope the crafting has helped a bit.
Hugs LLJ 4 xx

Diana Taylor said...

Sorry to hear you've been poorly with Covid - I hope you recover fully very soon. I'm glad to hear you've managed to Scrap and the pale looks lovely - very warm and sunny. Hope the move goes well for your son,
Have a good week,
Diana xx #14

Crafting With Jack said...

Glad you are feeling better, take it easy till you are back to normal. That’s a lovely photograph of you and your son. When my two left home they both came back to live with us again! Happy WOYWW and have a great week. Angela #5

Helen said...

Glad you are - slowly - recovering xx never had kids but I Hope you don't miss him too much. Thanks fir visiting xx Helen #1

Caro said...

So glad to hear that you are beginning to feel a little better, and are even up to scrapping. I hope the move goes well for your young man. Love the photo of the two of you. Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#17)

Tracy said...

Gorgeous photo of you both BJ 🤗 wishing your laddie all good things on his adventure! So good to hear your improving some 🙏🙏🙏 gorgeous scrapbook layout!! Be safe and well, sending love and gentle hugs your way Tracy #21 xxx

Lynnecrafts said...

A lovely photo of you both. Sorry to hear you’ve been unwell and hope you feel better soon.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 11

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

That's an amazing photo, you look great together. You take care of yourself. Nice layout too. Wishing you a very happy woyww. Sending hugs, Angela x15x

Sharon Madson said...

Great scrap page. I actually printed some photos off this afternoon and maybe I will get them scrapped tomorrow. I am so sorry you are still wrestling with feeling good since having covid. Hope you week goes better. Hugs. #23

My name is Cindy said...

Lovely photo of you and your son!! No sign of me ever being an empty nester.... but be careful what you wish for!! You have had a rotten time with Covid - and I doubt everything else is helping!! Do hope you get better soon. Love n hugs, Cindy xx #20

Spyder said...

Aw, you will miss him, but its only to, uni my youngest went off to USA and is still there and Emma lives about an hour away, they do near their wings! Lovely photo, keep that up somewhere! Take care. I got catch with the covid, but luckily its not too bad. Have a great week Happy Very Late WOYWW!? ((Lyn))#16

Susan Renshaw said...

So sorry to read of all your health issues! Hope you are feeling better.
Great scrapping!
I am very late commenting but hope to get around everyone now...
See you tomorrow!
Happy WOYWW! Susan #13