About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 13 May 2020

WOYWW #571 - A Week off Methinks

Not done much this week (other than the UFO I'll be showing next week).

Got some crafty goodies, a job lot of refills for my scrapbooks 75 in all.

A more "down to earth" Bible Journalling book with lots of traceables.

Plus some pens, a set of my usual uni-ball fine line in various sizes and a couple of Tombow Fudensuke Brush Pens.

Oh and don't mention the JIGSAW. My son got it for me for my birthday, back in February, and I've been saving the best till last!.

My old tablet cover had the same picture and of course I have a mug to match too...

I guess you could say, it's not the easiest of puzzles!




I've done a few odd hand sewing jobs like my slippers and oven glove but not at all easy when your right hand goes tingly/numb all the time. That has just started up again so even typing this is tricky. Couple that with my left shoulder/arm issue I have had for nearly a year now, it's a right pickle.

Also I got some material delivered from friend (as part of her click and collect supermarket run) to make scrubs and bags with but not started yet.

So not overly exciting this week. Bet you can't wait to see what my UFO is! Wondering if all that set my hand tingling off?? Who knows, my thumb was well sore after I'd done two of the 4!

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

17 comments:

Helen said...

my UFO is likely to remain unstarted let alone unfinished! Hope the tingling stops and you get yours done! Take care. Helen #1

Sarah Brennan said...

Hope the tingling eases up so you can get on more easily BJ. The jigsaw is gorgeous but does look a tricky one. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #11

Shoshi said...

Oh my word BJ that has to be the hardest jigsaw ever - but look how much you have done already! The first picture, with all those glorious coloured little boxes arranged, the puzzle box propped up and the fabulous shawl (?) hanging over the chair, makes a work of art in itself - the colours got all my creative juices flowing!! The new Bible journaling book looks fun and I am sure you are really enjoying doing that ongoing project. I’m sorry to hear you’ve got issues with tingling and hope that eases up soon. Neuro sensations are quite horrible at times!

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi x #4

Lunch Lady Jan said...

You have way more patience than me to attempt the jigsaw - fair play to you! Good luck with your UFO, Ihave no idea what I'm going to do yet!!
Hugs LLJ 9 xxx

Mrs.D said...

Morning BJ, I do hope the tingling improves, try some neck exercises, you may find something tight putting pressure on the nerves.
That jigsaw does look hard work, I'm struggling with one my daughter gave me for Christmas, started it at the beginning of lockdown and it is testing my patience.
Looking forward to seeing your UFO finished.
Chris #14

glitterandglue said...

Morning BJ. Goodness - what a jigsaw. Glad to see someone else tackles them the same way as I do... go for the bits that really stand out - feels good when they are done... You are certainly getting into that Bible journaling - it's a very special way to get the Scriptures into our heads and hearts . Have fun this week with your UFO, and trust the hand and arm cope.
Take care. Stay safe. God bless.
Margaret #2

sandra de said...

good to see you are enjoying the Bible journalling and always fun to get a new book with decent prompts to help. Love the jigsaw puzzle it should keep you busy for a few days. Hope the tingling settles so that you can finish all your projects.
Sandra de @5

Mariane said...

Going to be exciting to see what you have done till next week. Lots of repairing here and cleaning stacks of things that need to be done and finish. Never a boring moment ;)

Thank you so much for sharing!
Happy WOYWW
Mariane #21
http://art.cordes.re

My name is Cindy said...

Oh I don't know, looks like you've been pretty busy! There were several fine days last week so not much got done apart from sitting in the garden - catching up now though. Stay well, stay safe, Happy WOYWW Cindy #24

Sue Jones said...

You have the patience of a saint to be doing that jigsaw!! Sorry you are uncomfortable - shoulder and tingly hand, sounds like it might be a trapped nerve , phone your GP xx Take care and stay safe Soojay #27

Lillianb said...

I have not done a jigsaw at home for a long time but do them on line. That looks like a huge puzzle,

Take care and stay safe,

Lilian B, #18

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi BJ, great pics of all the things on your desk. These shoulder issues are a real nuisance, aren't they?Have a lovely week, Stay safe, Hugs, Shaz #10 X

craftyani said...

Ahh jigsaws don't think I will be attempting another one soon. You've got a busy table and activities. Have a good week Ani #12

Diana Taylor said...

I love the image on your jigsaw but it looks more for a professional jigsaw 'doer', I think my blood pressure levels would go up trying to attempt that!
I hope your hand feels better soon - is it carpel tunnel?
Have a good week,
Diana xx #21

Caro said...

That jigsaw looks a nightmare. I have that Bible journaling book and really like it. Happy WOYWW. Stay safe and well and take care my friend, with love and God Bless, Caro xxx (#6)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I have a couple of jigsaws but not a big lover and saving them for when I really get desperate. Looks like you've had plenty going on and good luck with the UFOs. Wishing you a lovely crafty woyww, Angela x16x

Julia Dunnit said...

Well that’s a technical way to do a jigsaw! I will ask my Ma in Law if she’d like to try that method, she’s currently struggling with a multicoloured stained glass image so it might be worth it...or I might get a punch on the nose! I like the anticipation of buying 75 sleeves for the scrapbooks! I did a double take at first, I thought you had 75 scrapbooks! Phew! I’ve had carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands, both brow rectified. Don’t put up with it, that was the first thing my GP told me, it doesn’t get better on its own.