About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 29 April 2020

WOYWW #569 - Bible Journalling


Oh my goodness, my Bible Journalling goodies arrived last Wednesday morning, I got a new Bible with plain margins, some watercolours and a kit to get me going and going I got!












I had a practice in my Dylusions Journal first as I'd never really done any watercolour painting since a child!

Then has a go on the back page for my first attempt on the flimsy paper. The back page is becoming a collage of bits of my pages now.

I've done a few pages over the week, loving adding colour to my Bible.








And as if that wasn't enough, I finished a jigsaw without a "correct" picture - a who dunnit one.











I even managed to stick a scrapbook page down and plan a few more of those too.  Phew!

Happy WOYWW Everyone

PS. If you spotted the spelling mistake, well done! The kit I bought had the wrong spelling which I copied unwittingly on my first page. I was gutted when a friend pointed it out but I've left it despite lots of ideas as to how to change it.

19 comments:

My name is Cindy said...

Morning BJ, sounds like your mojo is in full throttle!! Love the bible journalling idea, will make it very special. Hubby finished our puzzle (one of those wasjig ones) and anew one arrived yesterday. I've just brought it in from our 'decontamination' area lol. Good to see you scrapboooking as well. Happy WOYWW, stay safe, stay well, Cindy #18

Sarah Brennan said...

Beautiful journaling in that Bible BJ. I must admit, I didn't pick up the spelling mistake on first glance, just the lovely water colouring. Well done on the jigsaw! Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

sandra de said...

Isn't it lovely to rediscover another creative outlet and I think you have done a great job. If the paper is too flimsy you may even be able to buy some watercolour ground to paint on pages before you paint with the w/c. But, it looks like they are holding up very well. Stay safe and keep having fun as you create.
Sandra de @6

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Such lovely bright colouring on your blog this week, I know that crafting is keeping me sane!
Hugs LLJ 11 xxx

glitterandglue said...

Hi BJ. Great work - you've certainly been busy with your Bible.. well done. Love the paintings. Scrap book page, and more to come too. I'm quite exhausted just looking - maybe need to go have a lie down!
Take care. Stay safe. God bless.
Margaret #3

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh you have been busy, lovely work in your bible, I understand how that must be such a pleasure. Pastypat.blogspot.com is the blog of Patsy in the Philippines , you probably will remember her artwork and bible journaling as soon as you see it, but I thought you may like to look in on her.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Once the watercolour bug bites you you'll be doing it all the time, glad you jumped on in you've made a great start over the week. It's a beautiful thing is Bible journaling. Lots of crafty activity thanks so much for sharing, I just seemed to have been dreaming whilst painting larger walls.
Happy WoywW Tracey #14

CraftygasheadZo said...

Fabulous bible journalling. Fab desk share. Take care Zoe xx 25

Diana Taylor said...

Lovely journalling in your bible, and I didn't notice the spelling mistake until you pointed it out! I can see how you would get such pleasure creating beautiful art work in such a precious book. Well done on doing the jigsaw without the picture - not something I would ever contemplate doing as I know if would put my blood pressure through the roof - I'm not patient enough, and in fact if I lay a new jigsaw out and some pieces are still hooked together from when it was made I carefully lay them to one side to keep them like that - hubby says it's cheating!!
Hope you have a good week, stay safe and well,
Diana x #21

Helen said...

just dashing round some desk whilst my (late) dinner cooks... been a busy day - but the phone is fixed! (it's phone/vape shop so open) Great journalling. Helen #4

StampinCarol said...

I know many who do Bible journaling. Such a beautiful way to decorate a Bible. Love the puzzles and scrapbook page!
Thanks for popping by and have a great week!
Carol N #27

Bridget Larsen said...

That is absolutely stunning, well done, the Bible pages are so soft, I am always scared of tearing it. Is it good to work on?

Stay Safe
Bridget #5

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi BJ, loving the layouts and the Bible pages are so nice. Well done with the jigsaws too. Take care and have a very happy woyww, Angela x15x

Mariane said...

WOW!!! What a task!!! Amazing paintings in the book. Thank you so much for sharing.

Kind regards
Mariane #28

http://art.cordes.re

Sue Jones said...

your pages are gorgeous as is the scrapbook page. Well done on the puzzles too.sorry I am a bit late visiting this week . Take care Soojay #24

Caro said...

You have been busy! I love the Bible Journaling pages - I hope that I will have some time this week to get mine out again - it's ages since I last did any. Happy belated WOYWW. Stay safe and take care my friend. With love & God Bless, Caro xx (#29)

Neet said...

Lovely bible journaling - does it not come through on the other side then? Always intrigued me.
Hugs, Neet 8

Shoshi said...

Wow, BJ, your Bible journaling is beautiful! Who'd have thought you were a beginner? Do you find that it bleeds through to the other side of the page? You are certainly not letting the grass grow under your feet during the lockdown.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi x10

Marit said...

Wowzah, you were very creative last week, so much to see! Those bible pages are wonderful! Sorry I'm late with my visit this week... it's already Saturday, wow! Enjoy your weekend! Hug from Holland, Marit #20