Husband is fiddling with the internet so I need to activate stand alone speaker periodically.
On desk are the Solar Eclipse glasses for later bought them ages ago so really glad I remembered where I stored them!
I did Week 2 of Seek Gather Create.Prompts:- Cut-outs, A Seed, Texture and Light Green.
I did another ATC. I think ATCs are all I can manage right now so I did an ATC for the JOTW August monthly challenge too.
Prompts:- Lemon motif, Lemon/Green/Blush&White, Texture, Patterned Paper and a Scripture.My Scripture is, James 1:2, My friends, be glad, even if you have a lot of trouble.
Not sure I am managing the Joy though!
It's making me think of a split rock (geode or agate), or a shell. Not really thinking about the design other than the colour progression.
Happy WOYWW Everyone.

11 comments:
Well done on the eclipse glasses - I was not prepared enough at all... will have to improvise or just watch the tv! I really feel for you in the heat the next few days especially again. The embroidery is GORGEOUS. Happy WOYWW Helen #3
Happy too-hot WOYWW!
No glasses to be found locally so we might do a pinhole camera if we bother at all. I loathe noise as much as I loathe heat so I really feel for you and your summer struggles. So it will be time to close the windows, which might help a bit. The embroidery is wonderful, week on week, and I agree - geode, but so bright!
Mary Anne (6)
I bet you'll be pleased when the work is finished and everything calms down. I think we had some of those glasses but no idea where they went to. Your embroidery continues to grow and it's beautiful. Happy woyww, Angela x7x
Your ATCs are beautiful and I love your embroidery.
I hope the works are finished soon.
Happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 9 xx
Just as well it’s not your loft they’re converting, huh! I feel for them working in this heat..I Juarez the beeping reverse noise, it’s meant to be I know, but it’s so intrusive! Impressed that you e got eclipse glasses, we’re just trying to fashion a coloured cellophane cover for one of the telescope lenses…talk about leaving it late…and I have no intention of being around for the next one, so now or never!! Your embroidery continues to be gorgeous, my word it’ll be as long as the Bayeux at this rate…I wonder if you’ll be able to look at various parts and decipher your moods or mojo!
I feel for you, the oppressive heat and intrusive building works are not amusing, hope the aircon is helping you get through. Your embroidery is fab, Julia’s comment made me smile!
Hugs LLJ 2 xx
I can't begin to imagine how the combination of heat and noise is affecting you. The work that was going on at the top of my street is finished. We now have a beautifully smooth road where once were massive potholes deep.enough to.lose a tank in. Hope things improve for you soon. Love your embroidery. Elizabeth x #13
I really like your ATCs, especially the one with the lemons. I love the textural feel and colors. I love seeing the progression of your embroidery piece too. I'm glad you found your eclipse glasses, and got a good view of it. Hope you are staying safe and cool. Blessings and happy WOYWW!
Great ATC and your embroidery is stunning, you must be so pleased with it.. yesterday and today have been awful. I have had my feet in a bowl of water, off and on and a wet cloth around my neck, for most of the day. My heart rate has been too high and the advice is to rest in a cool, preferably air conditioned room. No chance! We are going to get air conditioning for next year.
I read that verse of James is about looking back at events in one’s life and taking joy in the fact that you you didn’t give up on your faith, God gives us the strength to come through. I have to say it’s a verse I always have found difficult.
The eclipse totally passed me by BJ so well done on finding the glasses. I adore the embroidery section this week. Hope it is a little cooler by next week for you. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah
So sorry you're dealing with the noise. Headphones and craft. ;-)
Creative Blessings!
Post a Comment