About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog.I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary, plus any cards as required. As my Carpal Tunnel allows I am getting into yarn/fabric crafts with slow stitching and needle felting added to my list. I continue with my love of Watercolour and Bible Journaling plus Faith/Art Journaling with acrylics and inks. I completed my challenge to make an art journal page a day for my 60th year in 2024. My list of crafty exploits includes ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing. I also like Walking/Geocaching. I have been learning to play the harp for the past 10yrs. I am now officially retired. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Evangelical Church.

Wednesday, 5 August 2026

WOYWW #896 - Knocked for Six AGAIN!

Yep 33 degrees on Monday has knocked me for six again. I think I am coping then Wham! 

Opened my window Tuesday evening for some fresh air and to give the air-con a break but had to get wet cloth to drape over my shoulders as waning again writing blog at desk.

I did the Nerium Oleander Shrub on my embroidery followed by some Jars of Clay backed by Solomon's Colonnade with Cyprus trees.
 

I did an ATC for week 1 of Seek Gather Create. I managed to find things to satisfy the 4 items from my stash: Coral, A Fish, An Edge, Dark Green.

I'm having a break from the scripture writing but did a page on "My hiding place" the Hebrew word beseter.

I've been picking a few watercolour sessions out of a Summer Creative Retreat.


Poppies and a landscape.

Milky Way and a Seashell.

Flowers and Colour Play Circles.

Just about holding it together - not.


Happy WOYWW Everyone.

7 comments:

ukmaryanne said...

Happy pre-knitting WOYWW!
You've reminded me of the SCR. I wasn't gripped by the few lessons I previewed but know I will have time this weekend to work thru some. I love your field of Poppies best :D but all of the watercolour samples are really lovely. Should be cooler till the mid-August weekend (just in time for DH to be camping and sitting in a field at Cropredy! Yur AC is really getting a workout this year...
Mary Anne (3)

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Lovely watercolour samples there, sometimes it’s nice just to play and not have to do High Art! I feel for you in the high temps, it’s no fun.
Hugs LLJ 6 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I know how you feel, I don't cope well in hot weather. I've been having dizzy feelings for a couple of weeks since the heat started but so far my inner workings appear to be okay. Loving your art work today especially the fish, gorgeous. Have a good (hopefully cooler) woyww. Hugs Angela x1x

Helen said...

Loving the water colours. The respite was certainly short lived heat wise. At least there is a breeze today. Happy woyww Helen #2 ish

Lynnecrafts said...

Gorgeous watercolours BJ, and your embroidery is beautiful. Sorry to hear you’re still surrounded by building works.
Happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 5 xx

Lynnecrafts said...

I meant to say that I had to have my wits about me to get home. A half hour journey took 2 hours as both the M20 and A20 were closed overnight, and the country road we took as a detour was also closed!
I did wonder about giving up and parking up somewhere!
Thanks
Lynnecrafts xx

The Rev. Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Glad to see you've been creatively busy, even with that treacherous heat wave you've experienced. I love the scriptural imagery that you've incorporated into your embroidery work. That "My Hiding Place" page and your watercoloring are amazing too. Please stay safe and cool. Happy WOYWW!